INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Old Broadhead info please  (Read 1314 times)

Offline Linc

• Trad Bowhunter
Old Broadhead info please
« on: September 21, 2005, 08:26:00 AM »
I have some of these old broadheads and am curious as to the age and maker. Any info will be appreciated.Thanks.

Lincoln E. Farr

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Old Broadhead info please
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2005, 08:57:00 AM »
I forget the name of them but they were made for the old Robin Hood Archery Co. in Montclair, NJ. They were made in NY by Mohawk Archery. The two you show are the smaller of the two styles they offered. They had one that had a wider main blade. They are very tough and just as tough to sharpen. I believe that they were made of stainless but am not sure. Their main selling point was that they woould bust through a deer's shoulder blade.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Online Razorbak

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2005, 01:05:00 PM »
looks like a coyote broadhead
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Chris Wilson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2005, 01:44:00 PM »
Looks like an older zephyr scirocco.
"You're either trained or untrained.  When it hits the fan, you will always fall to the level of your training."

Offline sleepyhollow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2005, 05:04:00 PM »
They look like magnum II's, if that's what they are, i'm not sure who made them, but Martin had them in their packaging years ago, back in the 80's i believe

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2005, 04:39:00 PM »
if they were made by robinhood archery e-mail a picture of them to george at toll-gate. he was the president of them at one time the web site is on bowjackson .com i beleive or e-mail me and i'll get the web he also advertisein trad bowhunter in the classifieds

Offline Linc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2005, 06:44:00 PM »
I've got George's site addy.I'll give him a holler.

Thanks guys.
Lincoln E. Farr

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2005, 07:10:00 PM »
They are Magnum II's. I still use them some, and took a 6pt.whitetail last season with one. The manufacturer went out of business in the late 80's or 1990. I bought a couple dozen at that time including the wider Magnum I's. I always used the truangle file and hone to sharpen them scary, wicked sharp. I had an opportunity to buy the tooling back then and didn't. I have heard of a few failures with these, but personally believe this may have involved improperly heat treated heads. I've put a few of them through some serious bone and never had a problem. CKruse
"The lack of machinery puts you closer to the act- an act that is ethical, good, right, and correct."- CKruse

Offline raghorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2005, 09:10:00 PM »
The Robin Hood was the same as the MAgII but the tip was rounded at the factory.

Offline Linc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2005, 06:06:00 AM »
Thanks for the info. I've got 18 of these heads and all but one are in pretty good shape.The one has a good sized ding on one edge.If sharpening doesn't remove it then I'll use it for smallgame.
Lincoln E. Farr

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©