INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Bear quiver  (Read 1183 times)

Offline razorsharptokill

• Trad Bowhunter
Bear quiver
« on: October 07, 2005, 01:49:00 AM »
I've got an old quiver that is made of metal and has a leather tip protector. It has two thin metal rods along each side. It attaches to a bow with a screw at the bottom and a notch and screw at the top? It is brown in color. Anyone tell me about it?
Jim Richards
Veteran

USMC 84-88
Oklahoma Army National Guard 88-89
USMCR 89-96 Desert Storm
Oklahoma Air National Guard 2002- present. Operation Iraqi Freedom 2005(Qatar) and 2007(Iraq),
Operation New Dawn Iraq 2011,
Operation Enduring Freedom 2018 Afghanistan.
NRA Life Member.

Offline razorsharptokill

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bear quiver
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2005, 01:54:00 AM »
Jim Richards
Veteran

USMC 84-88
USMCR 89-96 Desert Storm
Oklahoma Air National Guard 2002- present. Operation Iraqi Freedom 2005(Qatar) and 2007(Iraq),
NRA Life Member.

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2005, 02:04:00 PM »
It is one of the first series of the Bear bow quiver.  The first ones only held four arrows , later they held either four or eight.  Bear pioneered the bow quiver.

Depending on what year it is, it may have decent collectors value.

Later. they came out with the double spring arm model,then the sigle spring and screw down (converta-quiver) then the double screw down which is still made today.

The old ones are brown,like yours.  After taht all are green.
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline Earl E. Nov...mber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2005, 10:14:00 PM »
First Bear bow quiver was what is normally called the scabbard, no metal on the hood. Leather stretched over the wires and held three arrows. This one the brown leather top came second. The first ones of the leather top only held three arrows too, but quickly added the fourth. The scabbard was patented in 1949. Not sure when the leather top came on, early 50's?
Many have died for my freedom.
One has died for my soul.

Offline razorsharptokill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2005, 03:01:00 AM »
Thank you for the help. Does a quiver affect a recurves accuracy?
Jim Richards
Veteran

USMC 84-88
USMCR 89-96 Desert Storm
NRA Life Member.

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2005, 09:17:00 AM »
Thats a loaded question! Some would not shoot a bow without one, others find them a real problem. My experience has been that a firmly attached, quiet bow quiver adds a little stability weight. Problem being many of these older quivers were hard to keep quiet. There really isn't any comparison between what bow quivers started out as and what they have evolved into, in my opinion. CKruse
"The lack of machinery puts you closer to the act- an act that is ethical, good, right, and correct."- CKruse

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2005, 09:29:00 AM »
The quiver has some effect on how the bow shoots.  My experience was to put the quiver on and learn to shoot the bow that way. Some guys put the quiver on and take it off in the stand. But what happens if you get a shot opportunity while it is still on.  Best to learn one way and stick with that.

Once I got acustomed to how my bow shoots with the quiver on I never had a problem, unless I tried shooting with it off.  However, that is just me.  Others may tell you different.
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©