3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: shot my first longbow yest  (Read 245 times)

Offline see

• Trad Bowhunter
shot my first longbow yest
« on: November 30, 2007, 10:21:00 AM »
yest i went to a shop and shot 3 longbows(1st time ever)the question i have is:the dan quillen i shot was 62@68in and shot wonderfull.it did not feel like a 62 lb bow but boy the way it got to the target was fast.i shoot 55lb great plains and was real impressed with this old quillen(looked like it had been dropped down a rock bluff).what surprized me the most was i shot it split fingered and not 3 under(normal for me)and the biggest surprize was my sight pic was same as my normal way and i hit where i was looking.when i shoot my recurve and change my string hand i always have to hold lower when i shoot split.with this longbow i shot with split.when i anchored and when i shot everything looked the same as my old recurve and hit exactly as if i had used 3 under.best way i know how to put it.anyway i can shoot the 2 bows differently and hit the same without holding lower.do most longbows do this?i was doing like asbell teaches on holding the lbow with the heel of my hand whereas when i shoot a recurve i shoot with a straight wrist or high wrist.several factors here but would appreciate some input from the gang thanks,see.
see

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: shot my first longbow yest
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 10:26:00 AM »
Might have something to do with where the nocks were on the string too.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©