INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: barr long bow  (Read 852 times)

Offline shado

• Trad Bowhunter
barr long bow
« on: February 16, 2006, 08:41:00 PM »
just got a 50lb barr apache long bow can any one tell me more about it who makes it and what ever else you can thanks

Offline Waterhole-Ike

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: barr long bow
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 10:39:00 PM »
Jerry Barr made longbows up until recently when he sold his business. He is in Colorado, however I don't know the model names of his bows. I think the name of his company was Thunder Mountain.
"I Live With Fear And Danger Every Day But, Occasionally I Leave Her And Go Hunting!"

Offline shado

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 07:41:00 PM »
thanks for the inf. not one of jerry barr's the markings on it are barr apache 5'8" 50lb @28 has more curve than most longbows hope some one knows something thanks again

Offline Waterhole-Ike

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2006, 09:10:00 PM »
Okay, with that new information I looked in an old Kittredge book form 1961. Alan Barr was the bowyer for Apache. The 61 catalog does not list a bow shorter than 66". The models were called "White Arrow" $85.00, "Aurora Blackline" $75.00 and the "Thunderbolt" also $75.00. Hope that helps a little
"I Live With Fear And Danger Every Day But, Occasionally I Leave Her And Go Hunting!"

Offline TheArc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2006, 12:35:00 AM »
I have a Thunder Mountain Lobo D/R longbow by Jerry Barr which I just got recently. It plainly states Thunder Mt and the specs on the base of the lower limb belly side. He may have stopped making bows but there are still some offered on the site of a trad archery shop on CO, Valley Traditional Archery.
"And Moab, he lay us upon the band of the Canaanites, and yea, though the Hindus speak of karma, I implore you: give her a break." Rev. Clark Griswold

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©