INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Bear Polar info Please???  (Read 801 times)

Offline Jake

• Trad Bowhunter
Bear Polar info Please???
« on: March 28, 2006, 11:58:00 AM »
Picked up a Bear Polar to work on can anyone help me out eith some infor for it???
Serial # NB778  62" 45#  Double shelf.  Has Red glass and brown glass.  Original leather handle and plates and rugs.  Any info would be most appreciated.

Offline Waterhole-Ike

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bear Polar info Please???
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2006, 06:40:00 PM »
From the 1954 Bear Catalog.
"A sleek longer-limbed beauty, the Polar incorporates many of the Grizzly's graceful characteristics but without recurved ends. Exacting tournament shooters and discriminating bowhunters who prefer the straight bow find that Polar has been designed to meet their requirements with complete satisfaction.

Like all other Bear Bows, this model is faced and backed with fiberglas over a weight-saving hard maple core. Polar is a straight bow having shooting qualities usually found only in recurved bows, yet with all the inherent accuracy of the straight bow design.

It's new style, form-fitting, saddle-type leather handle includes the double arrow rest and near center shot features."

Length, 64". Draw limit, 30".
Weights, 35 to 75 lbs.

"Available in 68" length, 32" draw limit, at no extra charge. Both the 64" and 68" models are also available in heavier weights-76 to 100 lbs.-at $10.00 extra. Every Bear Bow is registered and Guaranteed. When ordering, specify length, draw length and weight."

Price $29.50

In 1955 the limb design was changed to Semi-recurve and still offered the double shelf. As near as I can tell Bear offered the double shelf through 1956. In 1957 the riser was re-designed and the double shelf wasn't offered again.

Hope this helps a little.
"I Live With Fear And Danger Every Day But, Occasionally I Leave Her And Go Hunting!"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©