INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: vintage jack howard bow value  (Read 991 times)

Offline xonar

• Trad Bowhunter
vintage jack howard bow value
« on: April 13, 2006, 06:09:00 PM »
I have what I have been told may be a vintage Jack Howard bow, have listed it on Ebay but now think maybe this was an injustice...can anyone look there and tell me if I have a treaseure here or just an old bow.  I am willing to stop the Auction if needed.  Thanks

Xonar, same name on ebay

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: vintage jack howard bow value
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 08:36:00 AM »
There were three base generations of the JACK HOWARD bows.  1st, the original gamemaster (66"); 2nd, the GAMEMASTER JET (66"), and 3rd the GAMEMASTER CLASSIC (64").  Yours is the original. i

Some collectors may put ome extra value on it, but as a shooter, it is still a fine bow.  Even back then, Jack advertized it as the fastet hunting bow ever made.  He kept that claim through his JET and CLASSIC models.

With an "E" in the serial number, I would say it is one of the last of the original GAMEMASTERs

If I were to take a guess,I would expect your bow to bring about $300.00, depending on who bids on it.

HOWEVER, you did not do yourself justice by listing it erroneously as a Howard Hill bow, even though you posted a correction.  If I were you, I would close the auction and relist it correctly.

If you are not into archery, I can undertand you wanting to sell it.  But being that it was your dad's bow, I would keep it.
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2006, 08:39:00 AM »
OH YEAH!

In my humble opinion, you have a TREASURE, not just an old bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline kyudo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2006, 06:36:00 PM »
xonar; i happened to see this posted, and just wanted to add my opinion, for what it's worth. i honestly believe you should follow jack's advice on this, especially as the bow was your dad's. i have bought bows, and i have sold bows, and i would never consider for a moment parting with my gamemaster jet. it will go to my son michael someday, and he is fully aware of the history of jack howard and his bows. i think if you were to part with it, there will come a day when you do regret it. you will not find a better shooting, better looking bow; and yours has it's own history. just my 2 cents.

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2006, 08:26:00 AM »
XONAR

As for KYUDO's 2 cents, I agree.

You may not be interested in archery, but maybe your kids or nephewa will be.  JACK made one boe each year he called the "LEGACY.  What better  legacy for your family to hand down in memory of your dad than his personal hunting bow.

DON"T SELL IT!  

I see you are in Chatsworth, GA.  I am in White.  We are not too far apart, and I have extra new strings for your bow.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©