INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: BEAR ALASKAN PRINT  (Read 811 times)

Offline wakemstakemdave

• Trad Bowhunter
BEAR ALASKAN PRINT
« on: July 06, 2006, 09:59:00 AM »
Has anyone seen the black and white photo of Fred bear at full draw shooting a big Alakan(I think) at about 10 yards on a rocky terrain? Man I wish I could see that again!!!!
If I don't show my kids Christ I have completely blown it as a Father

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: BEAR ALASKAN PRINT
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 09:28:00 AM »
I remember the picture you are talking about.  

Very dramatic.  I am sure it is available somewhere
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline Woodduck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 06:58:00 PM »
there's a cd available of all the old Bear Archery catalogs. There's a lot of old photos in them that should be interesting. I'm not sure if the one you are inquiring about is there or not. Maybe someone else will know...
Happy trails....   ('till we meet again, Dale Evans Rogers)
>>>--a kindred spirit--->     (got that from Fred Anderson)

North Carolina Bowhunters Association

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006, 09:36:00 PM »
I have that CD.  I wenh through all of the catalogs from 1949 to 1978 and that picture is not in it.  In the '63 catalog there is one of Fred standin g next to about a 10-12' Alaskan Brown Bear.  Makes Fred look like a shrimp, and he was well over 6'.I had a picture of me and my new bride with Fred taken in '68 and my head doesn't come to his shoulder and I am 5'9".  Fred was a big man, but not as big as that Brown Bear.
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©