INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Old Bear Razorheads  (Read 1204 times)

Offline Hot Hap

• Trad Bowhunter
Old Bear Razorheads
« on: August 20, 2006, 09:06:00 PM »
A friend of mine picked up a package of these. He`s wondering what they are worth. It is a pack of a dz. Has a cardboard sleave that slides off and a clear plastic under that with 6 Razorheads mounted on a piece of cardboard. 6 more under that. 12 inserts w/tool under that. They are in pristine shape. The cardboard sleave has small tears in the corners. The box is marked with the price of $4.95. The Razorheads are some of the older ones. The ferrels are not crimped to the blade, they have a bubble.I would give it a 9.8 out of a 10. Any ideas of worth? Hap

Offline Falk

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Old Bear Razorheads
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 05:05:00 AM »
Sounds like the 1956 model and it is sure a great find! Similar packages are sometimes seen at eBay and are true collectors items. I have seen a set of only six being sold for over $250.-Not saying that a dz. is worth $500.- but it is a nice thing to behold  :)

Are the inserts chrome finish or blued steel? Do they have a small hole in the middle? I have a picture of a used one at hand, which is shown in comparison with those in Wades broadhead book; notice the bleeder also:

Falk

Offline Hot Hap

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 09:16:00 PM »
WOW! He is going to bring them to work again tomorrow and I`ll check the inserts out then. Thanks for the reply. Hap

Offline Zbone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 09:23:00 PM »
I'll give him a buck a piece for'm...8^)

Joking aside, anyone have any extra Bear Razorheads they'd be willing to part with at a reasonable price? I'm only looking for one of each style for my newly formed broadhead collection and at present only have the SS screw in model.

Offline johnnyrazorhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2006, 12:52:00 AM »
Hap.PM sent.

Offline chris K.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2006, 03:13:00 PM »
I bought 6 of them at a yardsale already mounted on arrows for $1 apiece, I think that they are really easy to sharpen.

Offline Hot Hap

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2006, 04:34:00 PM »
There are 12 inserts that are chrome plated and have a hole in the front of the insert. I gave everything a once over and could not find a speck of rust. Hap

Offline Falk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2006, 04:57:00 PM »
:readit:  

And now, just send me one of those for all my advise, will you?!?    :saywhat:  

Falk

Offline Hot Hap

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2006, 07:39:00 PM »
Falk-Thank you for the response. He is a compound shooter. The lady who lives next door to him GAVE them to him after her husband died. How lucky can a guy be! Thanks again. Hap

Offline johnnyrazorhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2006, 08:42:00 PM »
Hap,
 Sent you another PM

Offline johnnyrazorhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2006, 05:10:00 AM »
Hap,
P.M. sent