INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: AMF WING  (Read 915 times)

Offline Leftwing

• Trad Bowhunter
AMF WING
« on: September 12, 2006, 07:47:00 PM »
Anybody out there that can help with this? I have a chance to buy an AMF Wing  redwing pro. Say's slimline on the limb 58" 45# Just looking for a ballpark price. Its in fair shape w/a few scuffs and what not.Can't find anything like it on ebay to compare to. Thanks

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: AMF WING
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 01:05:00 PM »
The Red Wing Pro was made by AMF after they purchased the Wing Archery name from Bob Lee. AMF bows did not hold up very well and AMF eventually shut it down. I had a AMF Wing Thunderbird blow up while I was stringing it with a strnger. Some people fared better than I and there are some AMF bows still on the market but they do not bring a substantial price. There is no collector value that I am aware of. With that said I would price the bow to sell between $100 and $125 if it is in good condition. As a buyer I would not pay more than $100 and only if it fit a specific need (bowfishing).

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 08:33:00 PM »
I had a Red Wing Pro years ago. Like Bill said,  AMF never quite measured up to the original Wing bows.  Neither did Head Ski for that matter.  Many of the original Bob Lee Wings are collectors items, and still solid shooters.  Not so for AMF or Head Ski wings.
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline Leftwing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 08:41:00 PM »
Thank's guy's.I was thinking about buying it justas anoter one to play with not as a collector piece.Just wondering what I should offer for it.

Offline Lslite

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2006, 03:00:00 AM »
I've got one just like it that I've shot steadily for at least 30 years.Has always been one of my favorites,never had any problems with it.

Offline Matt E

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2006, 04:51:00 PM »
The AMF Harley was a crock as well.

Offline 42WLA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2006, 08:56:00 PM »
They should have stuck with bowling balls.
Dave Thomas
VP, Rockfish Bowhunters Club

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©