INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Sanders bows  (Read 891 times)

Offline Ray

• Trad Bowhunter
Sanders bows
« on: October 10, 2006, 07:21:00 PM »
I just was given a Sanders hunter recurve.Can anyone tell me when this bow was made.I made a new string for it and it looks,feels and shoots well for an older bow.

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Sanders bows
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 08:11:00 AM »
If I am not mistaken, Sanders bows were made in the '60's, and maybe into the '70's.  Sanders was known more as a manufacturer of straw targets.  Those that you see at target tournaments with the five colored circles used in the American round and such.  They aslo made archery accessories such as arm guards, tabs, gloves and such.  They did not make that many bows and probably had them made by another company with their name on it.  In any case, they were a big enouh brand that they would not have had an slouch company making bows with their name on it.
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline Ray

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 06:27:00 AM »
Thanks for the info Jack.

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 08:17:00 AM »
Don't know that it is 100% accurate, however, is it a SANDERS or a SAUNDERS. Might make a difference.  I think the company I am speaking of is SAUNDERS.

SANDERS may have been a small independant bowyer.
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©