INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: What kind of broadhead is this??  (Read 889 times)

Offline Drifter

• Trad Bowhunter
What kind of broadhead is this??
« on: October 17, 2006, 08:50:00 AM »
A co-worker just showed me a bowcase he found of an archer from southern Minnesota, a doctor from Rochester, that had some cedar arrows, aluminum target arrows and some misc. archery stuff in it, like medals, old liscenses, MSAA membership cards and patches. There's even a membership card to the Wisconsin Bowhunters Assn. signed by Roy Case.

Anyway, we were wondering what make broadhead this was. Any ideas?

Thanks!  
"What is written on the scroll of Fate is not visible; but with a sturdy bow, a true shaft, and a stout heart, we journey forth in search of adventure"..... Saxton Pope

Offline raghorn

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What kind of broadhead is this??
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 09:33:00 PM »
Ace Standard, 1941 for the year. I have one in the collection and a couple for trade ( I think) and a couple on hunting arrows. I missed a nice buck about 5 years ago with one of these-not the broadheads fault. I would like to se a picture of those items if would like to email it to me. I lived and hunted in Wis until 1978, belonged to the WBA.

Offline Drifter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 08:19:00 AM »
Thanks Ron. I'll see what I can do about a picture of the rest of the stuff. It's actually an arrow case, not a bow case. I'll see if he still has it here at work and take a couple pictures. I know he was talking about selling it if he could.
"What is written on the scroll of Fate is not visible; but with a sturdy bow, a true shaft, and a stout heart, we journey forth in search of adventure"..... Saxton Pope

Offline rhett134

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006, 08:46:00 PM »
I have about 10 of these points on original cedar
shafts. Have always wondered who made them. Mine
are in the original shipping carton and came from
Homer Prouty Archery supply ,Portland,Oregan. Nov.
26. Dont know what year,The owner passed a long
time ago.          Rhett134

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©