INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: ben pearson mustang bow  (Read 784 times)

Offline Jmark

• Trad Bowhunter
ben pearson mustang bow
« on: January 17, 2007, 05:09:00 PM »
i would appreciate some help finding out the history of the mustang pearson bow.  I found my dad's old mustang and I had one in th 70's.  I would also like to know where i could collect other mustang bows
thanks
mark

Offline don blankenau

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: ben pearson mustang bow
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 08:55:00 AM »
Dang, I just sold one a week ago.  I got it in 1974 when I was 14.  It wasn't being shot so I sold it to a high school kid who was interested in hunting with a recurve.  They are nice bows and I shot my first deer with that bow.  Let us kow if you find out anything on the history of them.

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 08:29:00 AM »
There were two styles of the Mustang.  One styly was a simple design semilar to the Pearson Hunter.  The other had "integral stabalizers"  or "horns" made into the riser.  I prefer hte second.  

Your best source for any old collectible bows is ebay.  Just go into the main page and type in Ben Pearson.  Old Ben Pearson bows are about the most under rated, under valued bows out there.  They are solid shooters and it is not uncommon to pick them up for $50-$100.  Sometimes even less.
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline Jmark

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 06:13:00 PM »
thanks for all the information
mark

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©