INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Ben Pearson double shelf Cougar  (Read 818 times)

Offline Al33

• Trad Bowhunter
Ben Pearson double shelf Cougar
« on: February 07, 2007, 08:30:00 AM »
Trying hard to learn something about this Ben Pearson double shelf bow but having little success. There are many single shelf Cougars but I cannot find any others like this one. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The bow belongs to a friend.

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Ben Pearson double shelf Cougar
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 01:38:00 PM »
It appears to have been made between 1957 and 1960. It should have a model numer on it like "962".  Most likely a 59 or 60. Go to archeryarchives.com and match up the numbers. CKruse
"The lack of machinery puts you closer to the act- an act that is ethical, good, right, and correct."- CKruse

Offline Al33

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 04:03:00 PM »
Thanks ckruse, but I have tried archeryarchives and can not find a link for Ben Pearson bows.   :confused:

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 08:15:00 PM »
The pictures seem to have disappeared on part of it. The info is still there. Run your mouse down over the empty box in the "b" section. Watch the lower left corner of your monitor. Click when you see Ben Pearson. It's still there, just not very apparent. I wish they would maintain it better, as it's a great source of info. CKruse
"The lack of machinery puts you closer to the act- an act that is ethical, good, right, and correct."- CKruse

Offline Al33

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 06:34:00 AM »
Thanks again ckruse, that got me to info I had not found before. I was not able to find anything that had a double shelf in the Pearson catalogs but perhaps I missed it. I will return to the site and keep looking. Surely there is information about this bow somewhere.

The daughter of the original owner says she remembers the bow when she was a little girl which was in the early to mid '50's.   :confused:

I have sent word to look closer for a model number. I do know that it is listed as 5' 4" long on the bow.

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2007, 07:39:00 AM »
You are very welcome. The info lists the years I mentioned as double shelved bows. I think a couple of years you could get it either way. Take care, CKruse

Offline Al33

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2007, 09:31:00 AM »
OK, thanks to you I think I have found it.    :thumbsup:  

Cougar, 1960, No. 964, 5’ 4"
Weight 30 to 55 lbs
Dual arrow rest (can be shot left or right handed)
Cream colored glass
Hardwood handle (light colored wood)
Genuine leather form fitting grip
$ ?

It appears the lady may be off a few years on her memory of the bow, but I can relate all too well.   ;)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©