INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Estate sale bow help  (Read 804 times)

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
Estate sale bow help
« on: June 09, 2007, 09:00:00 PM »
I just bought three bows in decent shape at a sale. This guy had bows, guns, handguns, and collectible decoys in great shape. Took good care of his stuff. Anyway this is what I bought and would appreciate any info/value you could give me.
1: Howatt Matador with vtc ELMS032H, 70", 38#@28". It has a wrist sling, two stabilizers, and a sight.
2: Ben Pearson Mach One 7052, 52", 50#@28".
With four cedar arrows, Bear Razorheads, and Quikee quiver.
3: Colt Plainman, C156-3412, 60", 44#@28".
Sorry, no pics yet but will try to post them tomorrow.
Thanks, Mike   :archer:
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Estate sale bow help
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 10:17:00 AM »
The Matador was not made fro long.  It was made in two different woods.  Pedua and a black stained wood.  One looke black and the other looked a deep brown.  The VTC feature is a tuneable sustem that allows yout o turn the knobs on the upper and lower riser and it is supposed to wipe out riser viabration.  It is a great shooter, but a bit heavy in hand for all day tournament shooting.  I have one of the Black ones.  It waas a great tournament bow in it's day, but the cost made it not too popular.

The Ben Pearson Mach One was a short little hunting bow.  It was a decent shooter.  One probelm with Bn earsons is they had so many differnt models that started and ended over the years, it was hard for one to become popular.  Bear pretty much maintained its standard models and had better name recognition.  Ben Pearson bows are about the most underated bow in the game.  Good shooters, low prices, and have stood the test of time.

Colt Plainsman was not as well know a bow.  It was market by Colt Firearms.  I don't remember who made it for them; possibly Wing Archery.  Good solid shooter.

If you got them at an estate sale, you probably picked them up cheap, so you well got your monies worth.  There are some great old bows to be found at estate and yard sales.

Hope this helps
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 01:35:00 PM »
Jack,
Thanks so much for the info. I actually bought the bows to pass on to collectors who may have some use for them. I'm going to Compton's this weekend to seek advice on whether or not they have any value clost to what I paid. The Howatt has a scrapped lower tip overlay and the string tracks outside the groove when drawn. The Colt also tracks outside the string groove buy neither shows a noticeable twist. Maybe it is my eyes!
Thanks again, Mike

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007, 05:57:00 PM »
Hey guys, Don't need any more help. My wife sold all these bows at the trading blanket at Compton's. Thanks for the info I did receive.
Mike

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©