INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Bear Grizzly age?  (Read 840 times)

Offline brmize

• Trad Bowhunter
Bear Grizzly age?
« on: July 06, 2007, 01:41:00 PM »
Ok, serial number starts with HC so that really only tells me that it is pre 70's and pre 65.
Coin looks like brass so, 63-70. No leather grip wrap so that by process of elimination means 64'. Is that right? The riser is zebra wood if that means anything to anyone.

Thanks,
Brian
"After we've lost a natural place, it's gone for eveyone-hikers, campers, boaters, bicyclists, animal watchers, fishers, hunters, and wildlife-a complete and absolutely democratic tragedy of emptiness."  Richard Nelson

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bear Grizzly age?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 05:01:00 PM »
If it's a 58" bow, zebrawood with brown glass, with those numbers it would be a 1964. Sixty four and five were the only years for a solid zebrawood riser. If it were a 65 it would start with a 5. CKruse
"The lack of machinery puts you closer to the act- an act that is ethical, good, right, and correct."- CKruse

Offline brmize

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2007, 12:00:00 AM »
Thank you Sir.

Brian
"After we've lost a natural place, it's gone for eveyone-hikers, campers, boaters, bicyclists, animal watchers, fishers, hunters, and wildlife-a complete and absolutely democratic tragedy of emptiness."  Richard Nelson

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2007, 10:54:00 AM »
Strange that ther serial number would start with "HC".  That was Bears designation for "High Compression" riseres.  Hc-30, HC-300.  Are you sure it is not "4C".  The 4 would not indicate 1964.  It would designate "Grizzley".  I know a "2C" was the '64 Kodiak.

Just a thought.
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline brmize

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 12:41:00 AM »
I bet you are right. I was semi-guessing from a poor quality **** photo.

Thanks,
Brian

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©