INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: 60's Recurve ID Help  (Read 813 times)

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
60's Recurve ID Help
« on: August 17, 2007, 08:47:00 AM »
I'm trying to find out definitively what recurve my grandfather bought in '68.  It looks to have been refinished at some point with a poly that really didn't hold up well to being used on a bow.  54", 45# @28", serial number A31686S.  The only other marking is the roman numeral II below the writing.

I posted this maybe 4 years ago on the LW before I had a camera.  There was no clear consensus, but a few thought maybe American Archery?

Whatcha all think?
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 60's Recurve ID Help
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 01:42:00 PM »
The sight window is 5" to the cut and this was definitely puchased in the late 60's - my father thinks '68.  My grandfather only hunted with it for a season or two, the first one being the year my sister was born - 68.  If it was refinished, it was prior to that as it's been in a closet since then.  No silscreens, no markings other than what's shown.  No overlays except for very thin maple on the tips.
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Offline bearmagtd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 10:59:00 AM »
Might be a Root  Preditor, They where 54" with a 4 1/2" sight window. The I beam riser was around 1970.

Offline robtattoo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2007, 12:40:00 PM »
Definately an X30, Shakespeare. I have one exactly the same, apart from the no-glare glass.
"I came into this world, kicking, screaming & covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way"

PBS & TBT Member

>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©