INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Archer in Africa by William Negley  (Read 1081 times)

Online Cody Roiter

• Trad Bowhunter
Archer in Africa by William Negley
« on: September 20, 2007, 07:27:00 PM »
Hello Guys, I would like to know how many books where made. I would like to read this book and would like to know where I could buy a copy.
Thanks.
Cody
We as archer's must keep it alive by helping others into the sport WE LOVE.

Offline Falk

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Archer in Africa by William Negley
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 11:21:00 AM »
As I write this, there are about nine hours left at the auction site - to bid on one of the 1000 copys made. I myself will not raise my current $265 bid as it has already reached my limit. To get hold to one of these is a difficult task - to say the least.

Offline Peter O.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 06:31:00 AM »
Falk, do you got it ?? Just asking, I have one, maybe you want some pages copied??

Peter

Offline Falk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 03:58:00 AM »
Hi Negley  :wavey:

NO, I didn't got it! As stated above, I backed out at $265.-
Thanks for your kind offer to copy some pages for me, but
 a) I for myself would not like the idea of having the book bend over a xerox machine at all
 b) which pages to choose? I've never laid my hands on this book and thus had no chance to read it over

But it's just fine - thank you! If there is nothing left out there to look for - there wouldn't be "the chase"  anymore - and that's a great deal of the fun, isn't it?!

Falk

Offline Peter O.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2007, 06:33:00 AM »
Falk, book-hunting is a fine game, I like it. I also got a very rare book "Bofari" it´s mentioned in Cliff Huntingdons column at - stickbow.com/history.
I also own Swineharts "In Africa" & "Sagittarius"  If you ever need stuff out of one of theese let me know (I bend `em.. ;)
Or just vist me some day for a literature evening...
I think I will get my book on the old Archery Legends finished this year - in German.

Offline Falk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2007, 08:53:00 AM »
Originally posted by Peter O.:
I think I will get my book on the old Archery Legends finished this year - in German.
:scared:  an nother one of my never finished projects/ideas - okay - you beat me on this one -then just  go ahead!

You may want to send me the manuscript for reading!? Spelling, contents, style and layout - you wont find a harder critic then me out there - I promise!   :readit:  

And you pretty much know what my archery bibliography contains - don't you?! I have it listed on my website - quite complete this time - if you missed it.
An evening talking over old books would be quite nice, yep! If you happen to get to the "far north" come and visit me. I can't see me going the other direction in the near future - but one never knows ...   :campfire:  

Falk

Offline Peter O.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2007, 10:42:00 AM »
Falk, the book will be about 250 pages, I have 200 ready, but now the work with the photos, I´m not sure on copyrights...

BUT, when the mnauscript is ready, I´ll mail it to you for gettin some jabs or punches... :)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©