INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Neet bows  (Read 949 times)

Offline Sharpsshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
Neet bows
« on: December 25, 2007, 07:09:00 PM »
I have tried, without luck, to find out about a Neet Navajo bow. They sure do seem to be rare.

Does anyone have any knowledge about Neet even making bows? They seem to only make accessories now. I am guessing that ages ago they tried their hand at bows and stopped.

Any information, or even a line on someone that I could ask about Neet bows would be appreciated.

TY and Merry Christmas everyone.

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Neet bows
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 08:56:00 PM »
Must be rare.  Never heard of 'em
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline curtinmo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 03:24:00 AM »
I believe they were made at the Sky plant (old hoyt plant in Bridgeton Mo)The few I have seen look just like the Sky trohy longbows.....Curt

Offline Sharpsshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 08:40:00 AM »
Thank you for the reply.  Do you know when they were made and what their relative quality range might have been?  Meaning, were they a top end bow or more around the middle or low end of the pack?

I am trying to work up a trade with a guy and we need a starting point for the trade.

Here are some pictures of the bow.  She'll be a companion to a Bear Grizzly I just bought.  35# @ 28", looks to be made between 72-78 (meaning the Grizzly).

Offline curtinmo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2007, 07:01:00 PM »
I was right- if you notice the design by Earl Hoyt markings -same as the Sky trophy longbows. I sold  mine for $275 over the summer.They were made mid 1980s as  Sky was only operating a few years. These are very nice bows....

Offline Sharpsshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2007, 09:21:00 AM »
In case anyone finds this thread later for reference, here is what I found out:

I spoke with a very nice lady with Neet Archery. She said that in 1991 her father, who was a good friend of Earl Hoyt, sold bows that were made in Hoyt's Sky plant. They only sold them for the one year and they priced them to dealers at $189 and then clearanced them for $159. As Curtinmo stated, the bow appears to be similar, if not an actual copy, of the Trophy longbow produced by Sky in the early 90s. They also sold a recurve bow called the Commanche, though I did not try and get any additional information on them.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©