INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: I saw something cool today  (Read 806 times)

Offline Sticks only

• Trad Bowhunter
I saw something cool today
« on: January 03, 2008, 10:31:00 PM »
I was in a trad shop the other day and the owner showed me a real cool piece of Bear Archery history. It was an UNFINISHED '70 Grizzly 56". I took some photos of it. The story is that the bow was taken out of the factory and given to a company who was going to be be making magnesium risers for Bear archery, so they had some ideas on how to shape the handle. This thing is very cool. the sanding is just roughed in, no string grooves cut, and the tip overlays are still square. If this isnt the only one like it out there, it would be one of only a few I would think. I look at this archery history forum quite often and just read. There is a wealth of knowledge here and with my love of the "old Grayling Bears" I just enjoy reading your inputs. But this has got to be the coolest piece of history I have ever seen. There may be more oddities out there, I hear tell of the employees building their own bows on lunch hour and some of these bows are quite different than what you will find in the outside world, but I have not come across one yet.
Whisperstik Testmonkey

Offline bamboo

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: I saw something cool today
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 07:40:00 AM »
PICS,PICS----
Mike

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 09:15:00 AM »
There were several unfinished bows in different stages,on the auction sight last summer.3 Kodiak Hunters and at least 2 Grizzlys.One did not even have the sight window cut into it and the limbs were 2 inches wide all the way to the tips.Looked like nothing had ever been done to that one after being removed from the form and tip overlays added.I'am certin some were sent to companys contracting to Bear Archery like the mag.risers.Moose has a plastic Bear riser!!!! But Frank Scott also told me there were a good many bows swiped from the factory.And a good percentage of them were not finished and did not have a serial number.Which may have made it easier to get them out of inventory.But never the less they are some cool peaces of archery history...bd

Offline Sticks only

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 09:28:00 AM »
I have the pics on my e-mail but I just cant overcome my inability to put a pic on here. Bamboo, PM me an email address and I'll send ya the pics.
Whisperstik Testmonkey

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©