INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Bear Cedar arrows  (Read 820 times)

Offline twosheds

• Trad Bowhunter
Bear Cedar arrows
« on: March 09, 2008, 02:49:00 PM »
A friend of mine gave me five Bear arrows. They look to be full length and made of cedar. They are painted a tan color and have green Bear Razorhead broadheads on them. The only writing on the is between the crest and the fletch. It has the Bear logo and says Bear Cedar. They also came with yellow and green vanes and a blue nock.  My question is, what year did Bear produce arrows like this with the broadhead on it? The vanes are falling apart, would it be wise to strip the old vanes off and replace them or should I leave them alone. Thanks, Tripper
Bob Lee Hunter Recurve 55# @ 29''

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bear Cedar arrows
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 03:24:00 PM »
Thats a good score.I believe sometime around 1956 1957 afetr the Bear Razor head hit the market was when you could start getting arrows and broadheads together.Generaly the broadhead were not mounted until after the arrows were cut to length at the local Bear dealer.Would it be possible for you to load a couple pics of the heads and the cresting?? And I will try and figure out what year for sure....bowdoc

Offline twosheds

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 06:42:00 PM »
Yes Bowdoc, When the wife gets home, I'll get her to download some pictures. I'm sort of dumb at this computer thing. Thanks, Tripper

Offline twosheds

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 09:27:00 PM »
Hey pal, I couldn't figure out the picture process, so I e-mailed them to you.  Sorry and thanks, Tripper

Offline Jacobm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 03:56:00 PM »
Bowdoc - Could you post the pictures if you get a chance?  Thanks  Mark

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©