INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: 51# Super Mag  (Read 1096 times)

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
51# Super Mag
« on: March 09, 2008, 05:21:00 PM »
Okay fellas, I have an opportunity to pick up a mid 70s RH Super Mag 48" 50X# @ 28".  Serial number is KX1960L Raised Medallion, futurewood, black and white riser overlays, Grayling, Fascor Limbs. The guy says it has red limb tips. Guy says it's in excellent condition.  I hope to see pics tommorrow. Deal would include a Super Mag case with the target zipper pull (that's how the guy described it.

I have no interest in keeping this one.  My draw is too long and I cant imagine shooting it well. And I just like the older Bears.

My question is what's the demand for a package like this.  I see one just sold with Phenolic Riser and refinished by Don.  It didnt sell as well as I expected.  What's it worth as trade goods?

Thanks for your input, Daryl
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Offline Horney Toad

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 51# Super Mag
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 11:55:00 PM »
Sounds like a red stripe one. Super mag in good shape with case go for about 150-175, maybe 200 bucks. seems like prices are down a little on some bows on that auction site.

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 12:01:00 AM »
Thanks HT, I thought I remembered them being a hotter item last summer.  Daryl
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Offline wadde

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 09:53:00 PM »
I have sold them for as little as 100.00 with out the extras you mention.

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 11:15:00 PM »
LOL, it sounds like something I need to avoid. I'm sure I wont like shooting it.  Finger pinch has to be incredible at 28".  Have you found that to be the case?   Daryl

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2008, 10:28:00 AM »
Ya eather love em or hate em,there ai'nt no happy medium on super mags.But for what the bow was disigned for there OK.Short range short recurve.As for value,I think everything is pretty low and slow right now....bowdoc

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2008, 12:44:00 PM »
Kinda' the same feed back as the others here........I had one for a while; good for short draws and short distances........nothing over about 50 feet and OK to draw 28 with a tab.
I don't hunt from blinds or stands, so I auctioned it away for over 200.00 but it would be tough to get that today prices are down.

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2008, 06:38:00 PM »
I see there's one for sale now that is 75#.  What a brute. LOL that scares me to even think of stringing it. I was only born with two and want to keep em.  Thanks again guys, Trap

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2008, 05:45:00 PM »
To confirm Bowdoc's commet, I hate 'em, but I have a friend that loves them.  He is looking for one about 45-50# now.  How much is that one going for?
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©