INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: old "Bear" aluminum arrows  (Read 659 times)

Offline sendero25

• Trad Bowhunter
old "Bear" aluminum arrows
« on: March 24, 2008, 08:34:00 PM »
I have a bunch of old (1977) Bear aluminum arrows from my beginning "compound days". They are marked "Magnum 316". I was wondering if they have an Easton equivalent numbering. I put them on a dial caliper and the inside, outside and wall thickness is the same as the 2018 Legacy arrows I now shoot from my trad bows.
The shoot great from my Tomahawk Desert Fox Diamon longbow 55#@28" and both of my recurves, a 2007 Martin Serengeti 50#@28 and a 2007 Kodiak Mag. 50#@28 even with their 4" parabolic fletch. I have even bare shafted one against a bare shaft 2018 and they fly and impact the same.
I know, if they shoot and fly well don't worry about the number, but from a historical point of view, is their a conversion from Bear arrow to Easton? And did Easton make the Bear arrows?
Thanks,
John
"I'm not very smart but I can lift heavy things"

"I'm not as smart as I look"

quotes by my good friend Clay Miller from Valentine, TX

Offline sendero25

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: old "Bear" aluminum arrows
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 08:35:00 PM »
I meant "Diamond"  :banghead:
"I'm not very smart but I can lift heavy things"

"I'm not as smart as I look"

quotes by my good friend Clay Miller from Valentine, TX

Offline wadde

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 08:52:00 PM »
I shoot those old Bear 316 as well and they have taken lots of deer out of my 50 pound takedown. I like them better than the Easton 2016. Nice shooting shafts. I prefer cedar but do use the 316 from time to time and am pleased with the results.

Offline Falk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 02:34:00 PM »
The Magnum shafts were made by Easton, according to "Fred Bear's specs" - as the 1975 catalog says.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©