INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Howatt ?  (Read 741 times)

Offline Jon Stewart

• Trad Bowhunter
Howatt ?
« on: April 03, 2008, 04:49:00 PM »
Just picked up a bow.  Its described as an x-200 by Howatt, 55# @ 28"  Ser # 2543 ,  Nice looking bow with straight limbs and has a glue on or stick on single arrowholder on it, black leather made by or for Black Widow.

Anyone know anything about these bows and its value.  Thanks in advance.

Jon

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Howatt ?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 08:34:00 PM »
Howatt still sells them today I believe and they are 250.00-300.00 somewhere in there new,Not quite sure on the price...well made bow.....bowdoc

Offline Jon Stewart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 11:20:00 PM »
I gave the guy $60.00 for it.  Went home and made a new string.  It draws real nice and has a nice handle on it.  Handle is simular to a Kodiak handle. Thanks for the info.

Offline 19420

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 10:09:00 PM »
It is a great introdutry bow for a new Trad shooter but does not compare with Martin,s ( Damon Howatt)line of current top line recurves

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 08:20:00 PM »
Don

Are you saying that Howatt is still making bows?  I thought they sold out entirely to Martin.
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline Howattman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 09:46:00 PM »
All Martin recurves, longbows, and most of the limbs for their compounds are made at the Howatt Plant in Yakima, WA.  It still says "Damon Howatt Archery Co." on the sign.

Martin bought the Damon Howatt name and facility in 1976 but the Howatt Plant is still in business, making bows under the Martin label.

(By the way.....the X-200 is a lot of bow for the money.)

Howattman
Resident Howattologist

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2008, 05:59:00 AM »
Hope that answered your guestion Jack.Yes Howatt is still in Yakima Washinton...And as stated above going strong....I agree the X-200 will shoot with any new bows on the market...Very good bow for the dough.....bowdoc

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©