INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Good looking Grumley; but the seller??  (Read 1592 times)

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
Good looking Grumley; but the seller??
« on: May 24, 2008, 03:18:00 PM »
110255801639 on the auction board. Unfortunately the seller looks like someone to stay clear of.

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Good looking Grumley; but the seller??
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 07:54:00 PM »
Hey Bjorn that is one sweet Grumley no dout about it...and an early model to boot...But whats even cooler is...I believe that was one of the first take down latches.Before Fred went to the newmoon latches.That may have actually been one of the first type designed by Fred himself for the take downs he loved so much.It was just a hooking system...But if the string broke the bow went flying apart and to who knows where.Hence the newnoon did not fly apart if the string broke....ie  maybe proto's for the later Bear Take Down systems we see today(no tools).....purty or is it pretty cool bow.If I were fat wallet right now and not headed for Que'bec I would try and make a move of like 750.00 knowen damn well I would not win....but I would be willing to go that high if I had the spare cash flow right now.Cool bow.......bowdoc

Offline kurtbel5

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 12:21:00 PM »
Whats up with this? I have never seen a auction like this.The guy listing the bow isn't the owner? you bid for the item from the auction house, but pay the guy who put it on ****? do I have this right?
Nice bow, would love to bid, but I'm with Bjorn, How can you list something you don't own? Are they having people not on **** bidding on this. sounds like there is some room for problems to occur.
        Kurt

Offline Horney Toad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 01:18:00 PM »
That is a strange format for that auction. Never seen anything similar. There are places that sell your stuff on e-b-y for a fee.

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 02:14:00 PM »
Yes they have a bizz selling for people on ****...Yes they do charge a fee too.Great bow screwed auction..........bowdoc

Offline kurtbel5

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008, 03:04:00 PM »
I get if its on consignment from a E#ay seller, lots of those springing up,but with those the owner/business is only selling on e#ay, this one sounds like it is in an open auction,what happen's if he doesn't win that lot?
         Kurt

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2008, 03:40:00 PM »
The seller on the grum is an auction house also I believe...I know I ai'nt got the dough to buy and if I did.I would ask lots of ??? seller fee's can run from like I think 9-40% pending on the sale price 40 on small items and 10-15% on bigger...sometimes is how those work.So I think someone could pay plenty premium if that grum get in the 1,000 plus range...To wacky for me...But as noted above,I would love to have one of them models...bowdoc

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2008, 11:06:00 AM »
Lotsa' wrinkles here including the checkered feedback record, I tossed in bid anyway but probably won't participate further.

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2008, 08:01:00 PM »
The live auction format is fine; but an active seller with a 97% rating is not; that means for 1000 auctions 30 buyers were unhappy enough to leave negative feedback-this % does not include 'neutral' BTW.
Maybe I'm just itchin' for a nice Grumley from a stand up seller! LOL!!
Hey bowdoc wanna' sell any?

Offline STIKNSTRINGBOW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2008, 02:45:00 PM »
I bought it and it ran me 1500 including fees and shipping,I hope it shows up. I am curious about the 70+ arrows included w/locking box and other stuff I saw in the case. after I recieve it I am going to take it to the bowdoc and let him keep it in his shop for a while. He can keep you updated.
"The mountains are calling and I must go." - John Muir
"I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order." - John Burroughs

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2008, 03:24:00 PM »
Michael

Did you pay for it through PayPal?  If not, do you have any sort of buyers protection.  That is a sizeable amount to send to "hope it shows up".

Please keep us posted as things progress.

I have a bid of $2.25 for the Vintage Bear Longbow with a $35.00 shipping cost.  I am only bidding on it to see what happens if I win it.  It has 1 day 5 hrs left.  There was an opening bidder at $2.00 and I bid $10.00.  No other activity.  Can't figure out why other than that the gang here seems to think he is a fraud seller.  If I loose $45.00, I am just doing it to see if I will actually get it. I wil lpay through PayPal though.  I will be very surprised if no one else bids on it. Auction number 280232585696.  Anybody got any input on this one.
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline STIKNSTRINGBOW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2008, 11:36:00 PM »
Yes , I paid through Pay-Pal. UPS has it and it is supposed to be here on the 10th, Bowdoc will be in Quebec shooting bear and telling lies for two weeks so I am going to keep it at home for a while. In the pics it had a small crack in the lam. just in front of the shelf so I figured 'doc would give it a going over for me and I probably would have to go over there to visit it until he was done with it.
"I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order." - John Burroughs

Offline kurtbel5

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2008, 12:16:00 AM »
Good, hope its what you expect.
 Kurt

Offline STIKNSTRINGBOW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2008, 01:56:00 PM »
checked tracking # on UPS its in N.C. changed expected del. to 12th

Offline STIKNSTRINGBOW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2008, 07:00:00 PM »
I recieved the bow today, it is beautiful! I do have a question, it said it was missing compass and there is a threaded hole on the lower right side of grip, not where I would think a compass goes, but what was there? how can I get a replacement either an origional or reproduction? anybody know?

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2008, 07:19:00 PM »
That is a quiver mounting threaded insert. Are there two indentations on each side of the threaded hole? CKruse
"The lack of machinery puts you closer to the act- an act that is ethical, good, right, and correct."- CKruse

Offline STIKNSTRINGBOW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2008, 08:22:00 PM »
YES

Offline STIKNSTRINGBOW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2008, 08:23:00 PM »
WHAT KIND OF QUIVER?

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2008, 08:47:00 PM »
Dangit, you are going to make me grab the camera, go to the basement, step out on the deck, etc, etc,!

Hang on I'll be right back!  :bigsmyl:  CKruse
"The lack of machinery puts you closer to the act- an act that is ethical, good, right, and correct."- CKruse

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2008, 08:59:00 PM »
Fred Bear invented the bow quiver. This model was his first and it was used from 1946-1956. This one is on one of my 1956 Kodiak Specials. These were nicknamed the "scabbard quiver" due to the leather covering over a wire framework. This is also the nicest one I've seen. Given the age of your new bow, chances are it once wore a quiver like this. CKruse

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©