INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: St Charles thunderbird  (Read 1497 times)

Offline tyee

• Trad Bowhunter
St Charles thunderbird
« on: May 26, 2008, 09:49:00 PM »
There were two gentle man I talk to about the sale of my orginal S charles Thunderbird but I dont know who they were ,but i posted a classified here so heads up It may have you droptine but I am not sure
bezaleel bow works
schafer
howatt

Offline tyee

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: St Charles thunderbird
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 09:50:00 PM »
St Charles
bezaleel bow works
schafer
howatt

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 12:10:00 AM »
I was one of them.

Offline tyee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 03:26:00 AM »
how does one get pics on this sight
bezaleel bow works
schafer
howatt

Offline hotfootTG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 09:43:00 AM »
Tyee, go to the PowWow Forum and near the top, is an Administrator posting on how to add pics to the threads on the site.
Al

Offline tyee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 10:06:00 PM »
Is this not one of the most collectable bows? I think it is any first gen tbird but#103. I have seen much lesser bows sell more more this bow basicly started the recurve explotion of the 50's
I think folks in the know would agree. But it is not a 59 kodiak and that is what everybody is in love with and I have to ask why? anybody can get one a tbird on the otherhand is much harder to find. I don't know if people think my price is high , but just give me some feed back here> I would bet there are more than a couple folks here who would like to have this bow but aren't jumping on board why I wonder.
bezaleel bow works
schafer
howatt

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2008, 12:14:00 AM »
PM sent

Offline tyee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2008, 01:13:00 AM »
pm sent to Bjorn
bezaleel bow works
schafer
howatt

Offline wadde

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2008, 05:38:00 PM »
I have a bow marked: "The Duke" By St. Charles serial number 006. autographed by Glenn. Beautiful 62 inch 54 pound bow. Looks like a solid Rosewood riser. How many of these were made and how about that serial number. Number 6 out of I am sure not many.

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2008, 10:46:00 PM »
I asked Jay about your bow once wadde. He couldn't remember off hand, but did remember the style,
You should follow up with Jay and come back with pics and story.

Offline tyee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2008, 01:39:00 AM »
I think the duke was a recurve made after St Sharles bought out savora archery They had the form to build the savora recurve and built some I think 006 would meen the 6th that Jay built with form and I dont think he made many I think he still can If asked to build one Here in washington they are kinda in demand I have never seen any sell ,but don't know the value. IT is a neat piece of history here in Washington we having a trad only shoot at the Taacoma sportsman club The Glen St Charles Classic to honor Glen legacy in our sport this is to be annual shoot this first year due to club politics it is a one day shoot but my goal is to see this shoot turn into one of the premier destinational shoots in the country this will take few years to see mature to that I hope to see it become a 3 day shoot 3 or 4 years down the road.Time will tell if this can become a reality It would be nice to see 1000 shooters in 2011 Glen's hundreth year
bezaleel bow works
schafer
howatt

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2008, 02:07:00 AM »
Tyee, please and with all due respect it is 'Glenn' not 'Glen'.

Offline tyee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2008, 02:14:00 AM »
oops Glenn yes I know that keyboards arent my friend LOL
bezaleel bow works
schafer
howatt

Offline johnnyrazorhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2008, 09:23:00 AM »
Bjorn,
 It's interesting that you mentioned the correct spelling of Glenn's name.On the original Thunderbird bows of the 1950's,the Thunderbird name and logo with Glenn's name underneath has it spelled Glen St. Charles.I a;ways wondered how this happened.Interesting history.I'll have to ask Glenn or Joe at the Compton shoot coming up.

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2008, 10:36:00 AM »
Jay told me the stickers arrived with the misspelling, which of course was obvious to them. But they decided to go ahead and use them anyway rather than wait, and pay for a new batch.
They needed to get the bows out the door to waiting customers.

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2008, 10:54:00 AM »
Bjorn that sounds about right to me too...Have any of you guy's even seen one of the Glenn StCharles Signuture (martin archery) take down recurves.It was a Warthog compound-ish maple riser with take down recurve limbs ????? bowdoc

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2008, 11:19:00 AM »
Here is a picture of my riser(no limbs).Glenn StCharles Buckskin Signuture take down.....bowdoc

Offline tyee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2008, 12:49:00 PM »
I have seen alot of the buckskin compounds I get about 10 -15 a year to restring but never the recurve wish I had one though
bezaleel bow works
schafer
howatt

Offline adface

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2008, 03:45:00 AM »
I came on here to learn a thing or two about my granddad, Glenn St. Charles, so it's interesting to read what you've discovered about the misspelling of his name on the original Thunderbird bows.  Thanks.

Offline tyee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2008, 04:05:00 AM »
We all a bowhunters have been touched by your grandfathers dedication to our sport. If every bowhunter did just one percent of what he has done to promote the sport. Baseball would no longer be the national pasttime
bezaleel bow works
schafer
howatt

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©