INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Bear target Recurves  (Read 553 times)

Offline restless

• Trad Bowhunter
Bear target Recurves
« on: May 27, 2008, 04:20:00 PM »
I have found a pair of Bear recurves that look to be '62 models. pewter or alum coins both 66" both under 40lbs one is a Polar looks to be about an 8 or good/very good condition the other is a Kodiak special zebra wood riser has sight holes in belly side of riser a 5 or 6 or good condition both have been stored in bow socks. I bought a few hunting bows and have a good handle on values but know little of nothing about target bows. owner wants me to make an offer but archery shop owner who is brokering the deal(but is a wheel bow dealer)thinks  he wants 100$ each but is in for a cut of the money. I wold like to add them to my collection but I dont know if Im on the high end of there worth. So deal or no deal?

Offline tyee

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bear target Recurves
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 04:38:00 PM »
sounds like a fair deal
bezaleel bow works
schafer
howatt

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 07:19:00 PM »
Try going to e8ay and checking under completed items.  It should go back at least 30 days, sometime longer.

You might get luckey and find one like it, but remember they may be in better or worse condition than the ones you are considering.

The other thing to do I come to an agreement with yourself as to how much they are worth to YOU.

Personal opinion: the Kodiak Special is worth over $100.00, but the Polar is not.  Polar collectors might disagree with me.
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline restless

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 07:48:00 PM »
Thanks I think I'll go by and see if they can be shot. It may make it clear if they will be worth the amount asked. the polar seem to be in better shape as the Kodiak special has some age cracking in the glass.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©