INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Arrow display bow Bear KS  (Read 964 times)

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
Arrow display bow Bear KS
« on: June 03, 2008, 08:22:00 PM »
Recently someone posted a couple pics of a Bear Archery  Arrow display bow.  I believe it was Rich or Al.

Here's one on the auction site

Trap
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Offline MJB

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Arrow display bow Bear KS
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 08:26:00 PM »
Trap,
Pretty slick, Thanks for the heads up.

Mike
A Gobbler yelp Spring or Fall is a long conversation.

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 08:28:00 PM »
Do you forgive me, TRAP?

Another seller that knows nothing about bows.  Obvious when he calls a Kodiak Special a Kodiak Supreme.  

Duh!!!  It is pictured right there on the upper limb.

Like a couple of other threads her, this guy is obviously ignrant about trad bows.  That can be good news, it can be bad news.  Many times these guy have no idea of what they have.  You can take a chance some times and get a really goo deal

Thanks Daryl for posting this one.
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline MJB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 08:31:00 PM »
Forgot to ask , what were the holes for ?
A Gobbler yelp Spring or Fall is a long conversation.

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 08:36:00 PM »
Tell him TRAP

Or I will

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 08:41:00 PM »
Absolutely Jack, I hold no and I mean no grudges whatsoever.

The bow has no coin and about the plainest riser I've ever seen on a KS.  Apparently it was made for display purposes.

I think it would be neat to buy one and display 3 different Bear arrows and Razorheads on it.  

Too high a starter for me though.  Cant understand what the seller means by the crack in the limb tip.

Trap
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 08:42:00 PM »
Go ahead Jack, I'll try to find the other thread so he can read that as well.

Trap

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008, 08:48:00 PM »
I moved the other thread up Mike.  Closeup shots and details.

Pretty Cool

Trap

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2008, 08:50:00 PM »
No, I won't hi-jack your thread.  You brought it to the table.  You answer him.

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2008, 09:53:00 PM »
I may do it with the '63 Dogleg I have.  It was a display bow from the Greyling factoru.  I just has two holes drilled about 1" frome each nock on the upper and lower limb.  It also has two holes filled in the riser that look about 5/16".  Not for arrows but to mount it to the wall with wire or like zip ties.

Not shootable anyway.

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2008, 10:09:00 PM »
How did you get it Jack? Was there a sale or was it given to you?  

Trap

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2008, 08:21:00 AM »
It was posted on e8ay by a former Bear Grayling employee.  He had 3 of them from when the Grayling factory was in operation.  When Bear moved to Gainesville, many employees did not go. They stayed in Michigan.  As the museum was dismantled and moved to Gainesville, some employees collected souvaneirs (sic) that were not going to Florida.  This guy got 3 K Mag doglegs that had been hanging on the wall for years.

It was advertised as a "never Strung 1963 Kodiak Magnum".

I think I got it for about $100.00.

It came without a string; but, course I "had" to string it up so I took a 52" string off one of myother K-Mags.  You can guess what happened from there.  A forty year old bow, had never been flexed, much less strung up, had been hanging in a super dry environment, in the hands of an idiot that did not know (at the time) about the reputation of Type I Doglegs.

It became a three piece bow very quickly.  Nothing broke or shattered, just came unglued.  I had a guy in Arklansas put it back together for me.  It looks good except that the limb that had to be repaired looks more like a semi-recurve.  Not as much curl as the other limb.  Still a good conversation piece which it should have been all along anyway.

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2008, 09:59:00 PM »
Check this out

It is the display bow TRAP first posted about

Check out his other itms.  Mediocre bows all with a start bid of $95.00.  The only one up there that I think might be worth $95 is the display Kodiak Spreme (Kodiak Special)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©