INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Classic Bow Calendar  (Read 902 times)

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
Classic Bow Calendar
« on: June 11, 2008, 08:43:00 PM »
I followed the thread on Pow Wow regarding a tradgang bowhunt calendar and most think it's a great idea.   :knothead:
Lon Scott

Offline Migra Bill

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Classic Bow Calendar
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 10:17:00 PM »
I would love to purchase a Trad Bow calendar. I would gladly submit photos of my '59 Kodiak for the calendar.

Offline Migra Bill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 11:32:00 PM »
Yep - just sent you one back.

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 07:43:00 AM »
Calendar would be great.  But, instead of just pictures of classic bow, I ould prefer hunting scenes with guys shooting classic bow, if it be an actual hunting field shot, a guy posing with game, or a 3-D shot.

How about a girlie calendar with classic bows.

I am in love with the gal in the Tomohawk longbow ad at the head of this forum; and she is "in stock now"!  See above.
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline cdworks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 10:25:00 AM »
someone had some cool trad pics he used for christmas cards and stuff. they looked pretty cool that would make a neat calendar, He had diff heads on arrows and some other cool ones
C.D.Works

Offline TimZeigler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 10:43:00 AM »
You can upload photos to snapfish.com and have calendars, mugs, mousepads, etc. made for you.
USMC 1992-2000
PBS Associate Member

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 11:00:00 AM »
You guys could all send me your very best bows and I'll have some pictures taken of them between shooting sessions.  

the project may take a while though.  I figure a year would probably be about right.

Need my address??

:bigsmyl:  

Trap
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2008, 06:35:00 PM »
I think several of the collectors here have shown a knack for photographing our relics and making them look good. It would be neat to submit a couple of your best photos and let everyone vote on what goes on the calendar. NO crying or whining would be allowed!  :(  This would be a cool idea for fun, and it could be used for fundraising toward a deserving charity. JMHO- CKruse
"The lack of machinery puts you closer to the act- an act that is ethical, good, right, and correct."- CKruse

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2008, 07:43:00 PM »
I think that is an incredible idea Cam.  Nothing like a little friendly competition that benefits a good cause.  

Trap
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2008, 07:49:00 PM »
I think, after checking out the Target Bow thread we could easily do a Vintage Target Bow Calendar in one year and a Classic Hunting Bow Calendar in another.  

Trap

Offline johnnyrazorhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2008, 09:16:00 AM »
I thought of doing a traditional calendar a couple of years ago.I got so far as to list,by number,a different layout for each month.Contacted a professional photographer(which I am not)so I could get some good quality pictures and thought of different layouts for each photograph.Got busy and never did finish trying to find a company to put the pictures into calander form.I think it would be cool as heck.They have calanders for hunting dogs,lighthouses,wild animals.Why not some vintage archery stuff.

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2008, 10:48:00 PM »
Something to think about.  We could almost do a 50th anniversary calendar each year from here on out.  

That would mean our first Calendar would be comprised entirely of bows made in 1959.  Next year 1960 models and so on.

I have a feeling that if we did it this way our first Calendar may sell pretty good  ;)  

Trap

Offline kurtbel5

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2008, 10:27:00 AM »
50th anniversary idea is good.
          Kurt

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2008, 10:49:00 AM »
I'm also liking this 50th Anniversary calendar, so does someone have a list   :readit:   of some 1959 classics other than the Holy Grail 59 Kodiak?  

I mean, a calendar made up of all Bears would be dull, huh?   :rolleyes:
Lon Scott

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2008, 01:10:00 PM »
I think it would be a lot more fun and have greater appeal to mix it up. Not that a Kodiak only or Bear only calendar wouldn't be neat!

First effort might include target and hunting bows in various settings. We could even come up with a format that would feature a big picture of the bow for each month, with a small inset in the lower right and left corners that featured a close-up of labeling and specifications. Just an idea! CKruse
"The lack of machinery puts you closer to the act- an act that is ethical, good, right, and correct."- CKruse

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2008, 04:05:00 PM »
I'm sure the 59 Kodiak and Kodiak Special would make the grade for a 50th Anniversary Catalog (both beautiful classics)  but I agree there are many others that would shine as well.  

I agree that some specs of the bows and what lengths and weights they were offered in would be great.  Much of this info is available for Bears.  Is it readily available for other Manufaturers as well?  

Trap

Offline alaskabowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2008, 04:36:00 PM »

a pic for the calendar.....
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.

Offline MJB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2008, 09:27:00 PM »
Beautiful pic, I think the calendar is an OUTSTANDING IDEA   :campfire:    :coffee:
A Gobbler yelp Spring or Fall is a long conversation.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©