INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: mailing a recurve  (Read 684 times)

Offline Jon Stewart

• Trad Bowhunter
mailing a recurve
« on: July 02, 2008, 06:29:00 PM »
How do you mail a 50" recurve?  I know very carefully. But what packaging do you use and what mail service.

Jon

Offline MJB

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: mailing a recurve
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 06:49:00 PM »
Bubble wrap limbs/ tips and riser section. Make a box to fit. I use U S Postal service, Priority Mail insured with delivery confirmation. Your talking 18.00 give or take. Or PVC pipe and end caps.
A Gobbler yelp Spring or Fall is a long conversation.

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 08:01:00 PM »
I get refrigerator boxes from a local appliance store and custom make boxes.  It's heavy cardboard and pretty tough.  Bubble wrap the bow and pack newspaper around it to keep it from moving around.  

USPS Priority quickest and cheapest from here usually.  

Trap
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 10:56:00 AM »
I got a 59 Kodiak once that was done that way minus the box in the middle! Miraculously it was unharmed! CKruse
"The lack of machinery puts you closer to the act- an act that is ethical, good, right, and correct."- CKruse

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 11:07:00 AM »
:scared:
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Offline Jon Stewart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 03:06:00 PM »
The bow I am sending back, Company name withheld, was won by me at an archery shoot last fall for my 5 year old grandson.  Never been shot, brand new $230.00 recurve.  Its a 20# draw and was a little much for him to use so it remained unused until this spring.  I wanted to get the bow ready for him  to use, new string, rest ect and I noticed some real bad cracking on the limbs.  Some cracks you can feel with your finger nail.  So I called the company and they told me to mail it back and they admitted that they had a finish problem last fall on some models and said that they would either refinish or replace the bow.

So thats where I am at.  I am thinking of buying blue/pink board and cutting out the outline of the bow and laying it in the blue board and mailing it in a box.  I don't want this thing showing up at the factory busted up.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©