INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: a super deal  (Read 882 times)

Offline D.Sheppard

• Trad Bowhunter
a super deal
« on: July 03, 2008, 09:31:00 AM »
Got these on that site that shall remain unnamed ,or just read the link !
    http://cgi.****.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270247378625&ih=017
"We're just a bunch of part time amateur hunters giving chase to full time professional animals."

Offline D.Sheppard

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: a super deal
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 09:39:00 AM »
All right the power that be seem to block links to the site that shall remain un-named but the item # is 270247378625
"We're just a bunch of part time amateur hunters giving chase to full time professional animals."

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 10:57:00 AM »
Yep, you should be ready to core a whole bushel full! CKruse
"The lack of machinery puts you closer to the act- an act that is ethical, good, right, and correct."- CKruse

Offline Falk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 02:55:00 PM »
Shep, I saw people pay more then that for only one of them - you made a good shot on these  :thumbsup:

I never actual let fly one myself, because I am lacking your supply. But you may already have and certainly can do so now. Let us know about their 'hisss' and core drilling abilities, please.

Offline 4406v

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 03:30:00 PM »
I have a half dozen of them collecting dust anyone interested ?
  They are nasty looking and I'd hate to get shot with one.Has anyone ever shot a deer with one and did it penetrate very far ? I'm not into gimmicks and have no reason not to use good old zwickeys.

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 03:41:00 PM »
I gave mine away to budding broadhead collectors.  I'd love to see the results of one being shot through a great big old Red Delicious.

Please oblige us with some entertainment!!!!

Trap
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Offline Earl E. Nov...mber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 05:26:00 PM »
Yep you stole them,, great stock.. The amazing thing is the concept and pretty much the design was a retread of the 1958 Ex-Caliber.. Somewhere along the line the Browning engineers thought the laws of physics got repealed  in the previous 20 years.
Many have died for my freedom.
One has died for my soul.

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 09:00:00 PM »
As I recall, they were called "Serprntine" Heads.

I hit a doe with one in 1970.  I got about 9" peneteration.  Good lung shot that hit right between two ribs.

Devastatig hole.

It was a bitch to sharpen but I managed to get a real good edge on it.  I expect that if I had hit a rib solidly, or if I did not have a good sharp edge on it, I would not have gotten good penetration.  As Rich indicated, good concept, poor results.

You have to post the item number to reference an e8ay item.  If you post the URL the part of it  that says "e8ab" comes out as "****".  The forum has it set this way because we are not supposed to refernce e8ay here.  So when you click on the URL you get nothing
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline D.Sheppard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2008, 10:14:00 PM »
Picked up a watermelon tonight and I have dug out an old cedar arrow from back in the day and yes its got a serpentine glued on the business end. Pics up tomorrow. Mama wouldn't let me shoot the ham we got for dinner Sunday !!

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2008, 10:39:00 PM »
I'll make popcorn...this might get fun....Trap
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Offline Horney Toad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2008, 11:38:00 AM »
That was a good price since those are collectable. I wouldn't hunt with them however. I understand they did not penetrate too well and were even outlawed in some states.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©