INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Deal of The Century, LOL!  (Read 1558 times)

Offline Horney Toad

• Trad Bowhunter
Deal of The Century, LOL!
« on: July 05, 2008, 01:21:00 AM »
You all got to check this out on da bay:

Offline Migra Bill

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Deal of The Century, LOL!
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 02:40:00 AM »
That is Crazy!!!

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 08:51:00 AM »
But ya gotta understand that it has thje "Art Deco" tips on the bow, and it comes with a custom painted arrow to hang on the wall,,, if you want it.

Now, from the other side of the coin...it is a solid fiberglass bow.  That would have been pretty rare say at the "Little Big Horn".  So from an indian collector's point of view back in the 1800's. a solid fiberglass bow was "really" rare.

How much wampum would equal $598.00
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2008, 08:53:00 AM »
wow that one even blew my away this morning............I'll need another coffee on that note........bowdoc

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 09:14:00 AM »
I'm gpoing tp pretend I'm extremely interested in the bow by asking the seller questions everytime I login to that site.  He'll think he has a fish for sure.  This could be fun.  

Trap
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Offline bloodyarrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2008, 09:24:00 AM »
Hillarious
Hunting The Way of My Ancestors
(The Traditional Way)

Eddie

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2008, 10:08:00 AM »
Dammit! I'm stupider for having read that listing!   :banghead:    :banghead:  LMAO, CKruse
"The lack of machinery puts you closer to the act- an act that is ethical, good, right, and correct."- CKruse

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2008, 11:55:00 AM »
Put your boots on fellas...it's gonna get deep in here.

Here's the response to the first question I asked about the bow which pertained to the bow's history.

"Hi Daryl, Escalade's corporate roots trace the development of several different companies, the oldest of which was The Williams Manufacturing Company, an Ohio-based manufacturer and retailer of footwear and hobby and craft products founded in 1922. Although the Williams business began operating first, the driving force behind the creation of Escalade was another company, a sporting goods manufacturer situated in Evansville, Indiana. Founded in 1927, Indian Archery and Toy Corp. operated as a small but thriving enterprise for nearly four decades before coming under the control of management that steered it toward diversification and more prolific growth. It was the influence of this new management team--led by Robert Griffin, Escalade's chief executive officer during the 1990s--that shaped Escalade into a global leader. Search the net for tons of info.
I used to hunt Grouse some with this bow, more for fun than serious. I am more an archer invoved in target shooting and long range up to 130 yard field dummies. My 26 yr old nephew Jonah, builds costum recurves and I shoot one of his 57lb-er's most the time. I tend not to use feather rests on my bows, but reather I apply light ski wax on a bare rest. I find it has a less resistants to a steadier arrow. This bow here is what a collector would call museum quality...but as a "shooter" a can say it,s on the money in accuracy. Thanks for your question...hope this answers your inquary. Dave"

Not sure what prompted the comment about Feather Rests, maybe he's doing a little homework about his "potential" buyer.  LOL

More to follow, Trap
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Offline Mike Shaw

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2008, 12:12:00 PM »
I told him he had to be kidding..Thats a $20.00 bow anywhere. Nice Horse!
TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Horney Toad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2008, 12:15:00 PM »
That guy is mighty windy. We should all ask him a bunch of questions.

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2008, 11:29:00 PM »
here's his response to another of my questions

"Hi again D., Only guessing the weight, but with any meaty bows one dose not have to honk on it...to swing a nice shot. Yes, wood laminate bows are smoother, "easier going". But ya got to give it to glass as a rugged...almost indesrutuctable bow. And this one has the thickest/stongest build I ever seen...in glass. Being popular theses days, art deco is a marketing move. "If there is a art deco...bow out here in the world, this is the one, even though it's from the 60's. Mere coinsidance?
Funny, look at art deco items on **** and you will much of what you find has nothing art deco about it...at all. ...And yes it would make fantastic Americana wall display but, "It's just too fun to shoot"...ha!. Price?: thats what it's worth to me....or i'ed rather keep it. Did ya see the TV auction of the origanal Levi jean pants? They looked like they had been in the bottom of a privy, dragged through the streets, beat with a hatchet,...but hay! they sold for $25,000.!!!^^^ I shoot a custom dreditional bow by J.D. ^^^ Thanks, Dave"

Too Funny, Trap

Offline Horney Toad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2008, 10:18:00 AM »
Looks like Mr. Art Deco doesn't have any takers. How can that be, because "this is one of THE first" bows of the art deco period! LOL

Offline Dan Plue

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2008, 12:21:00 AM »
If this guy wants to get rich I'm willing to sell him 24 of those bows for $250.00 each.
Would you do me a favor?  Go stand under that tree and put this apple on your head.  Com'on just once.

Elvis was only an entertainer, Jesus is the real King.

Herters 52" 47#        U.S.M.C.
Bear Super Magnum 48" 60#
Bear Montana 64" 50#   Semper Fi

Offline wadde

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2008, 12:36:00 AM »
Trap why are you picking on this poor idiot?

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2008, 08:45:00 AM »
I'm not the one calling him a "poor idiot".

If I truly thought he was a "poor" "idiot" I wouldnt have ever asked him a question.  I think the label "Scam Artist" better suits him.

Trap

Offline wadde

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2008, 01:26:00 PM »
From his answers to your questions I believe scam artist is apropriate. However idiot has to fit in there somewhere as well.

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2008, 03:14:00 PM »
I'm not sure what his gig is really,  

He did some research to answer my questions  and in his first response he brought up the feather rest issue even though I hadnt mentioned them.  So he must have researched his potential buyer.

The mere fact he thought someone might fall for the art deco collectible "crapola" makes me question his character.  I thought he deserved a little razzin.  

I hope he's truly fond of the ol glass gem cause it looks like he'll be keeping it a while.

Trap

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2008, 11:35:00 PM »
I've refrained thus far from even commenting on this one. But, as luck would have it I've had a couple of drinks and after re-examining the ad the only words that come to mind are "heinous douchebag"  :biglaugh:  As Bugs Bunny would say: "What a MAROON!"

There, I'm done now. Sorry if I have offended anyone with my summation of this fine gent and his $20.00 bow. CKruse  :jumper:
"The lack of machinery puts you closer to the act- an act that is ethical, good, right, and correct."- CKruse

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2008, 11:41:00 PM »
Well crap, I'm not done! Now keep in mind, I'm no horseman, but I do know a thing or two about animal behavior.  If you look closely at the photograph featuring the horse, Buckingham is giving serious consideration to hopping the fence, stomping a mudhole in his big hat wearing, short drawing A$$, then stomping it dry!   :pray:  CKruse

Offline Horney Toad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2008, 11:56:00 PM »
Go Buckingham! LOL

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©