INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Unknown any ideas?  (Read 714 times)

Offline silverm3s

• Trad Bowhunter
Unknown any ideas?
« on: July 05, 2008, 02:46:00 PM »
Hi, here is the other one. Any info would help. No name so maybe some of you pro's might know what it is. Also paid $20 for this so I'm sure that was a steal also. Thanks for an input.

Chris

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Unknown any ideas?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 03:28:00 PM »
I think this one is a 59 Shakespeare Wonderbow. I believe this one is model 300. Nice looker. They were trying to emulate the basic shape of the same era Kodiaks. CKruse
"The lack of machinery puts you closer to the act- an act that is ethical, good, right, and correct."- CKruse

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 07:02:00 PM »
Shakespeare Wonderbow is my guess also....X-300.............bowdoc

Offline TimZeigler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2008, 08:33:00 PM »
Where in Pa. are you, and do they have any more steals?  I'll be there in 2 weeks, leave me a few.   :D
USMC 1992-2000
PBS Associate Member

Offline Horney Toad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 08:54:00 PM »
Nice looking. What kind of wood is it?

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2008, 06:10:00 AM »
I believe those have walnut and rosewood risers....here's something even cooler about your bow...it is almost the same profile as a 1959 bear kodiak....great shooters too.bowdoc

Offline silverm3s

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2008, 12:08:00 PM »
Thanks for all the info guy's. Looks like I got a steal on these.

TimZeigler
I'm in Bucks County, PA.

Here's the story behind the bows. It was really just luck to come across these. I was currently looking for a bandsaw because I make custom striped bass lures and came across a craftman that was listed on a sister site of fleabay. So I go to the guy's house and it's an 86 year old guy and him and his wife are moving into a retirement home. He asked me if I hunt and I'm like yeah but I just got into recurves. So he says follow me. He takes me to his basemnet and he's like check these out, any interest. I look and I'm like wow these are sweet bows. So he's like make me an offer. I'm thinking to myself these gotta be worth $50 a peice at least but didn't say anything and was like I don't know what do you want for them. He's like give me $20 bucks for each. I was like SOLD! Thats the story. Just lucky I guess. The nice thing was he had them stored properly on a rack so they weren't sitting in a corner or anyting like that.

Thanks again, Chris

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2008, 12:45:00 PM »
That's the way I like to buy bows also.  Make the seller price the bow.  Then there are no regrets, hard feelings or feelings or guilt.  Everyone's happy and everyone gets what they want.  

Nice finds Chris, Trap
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©