INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: My first "Dogleg"  (Read 2534 times)

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: My first "Dogleg"
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2008, 09:13:00 AM »
Nice bow, Doc

or

Nice, Bowdoc

Never met a Dogleg I didn't like!
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline raghorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2008, 11:00:00 AM »
Falk:
Quiver looks great!

Offline Falk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2008, 01:14:00 PM »
posted by raghorn:
Falk: Quiver looks great!
Sure Ron, it does - and it certainly has to - as it had cost me a huge amount of money  :smileystooges:    :saywhat:   ;)  

After adjusting the arms it is working okay now too! Though, after some shots, it has to be pushed fully back onto the limbs again - sideways. It tends to shift closer to the riser, where it gets in the way of my bow hand. We are talking about a total movement of maybe 1/4in, or so. It's already a habit to squeeze both clamps after shooting a full load of arrows. I doesn't bother me at all!

Thanks again Ron, for this good looking quiver!

:wavey:  Falk

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2008, 02:36:00 PM »
Price reduced on my 63 Kodiak 60#. Check the classifieds. Deal fell through, don't snooze- the auction site is calling! CKruse
"The lack of machinery puts you closer to the act- an act that is ethical, good, right, and correct."- CKruse

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2008, 03:30:00 PM »
Just thought I'd let you know. The 60# is sold pending receiving funds. I now have a beautiful 43# for sale at a great price in the classifieds. Better get it for your collection! CKruse

"The lack of machinery puts you closer to the act- an act that is ethical, good, right, and correct."- CKruse

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2008, 03:51:00 PM »
CAMERON

The difference between you and e8ay is that you know what you have, and you know wht it is worth.  Many guys on e8ay don't have a clue, so sometimes you can pick up some real bargains.  If I boutght the bow from you, I would have to pay a fair price.  I don't want to pay a fair price, I want to put the screws to someone.  

You never see anyone posting here all proud of the bow they got at a fair price.  They brag about the super deal they nailed down.  A 60# dogleg in good shape is a rare find, so that would accordingly effect the price.  Maybe double what an average shape 45# would go for.

My problem is like a taste for fine wine and a budget for cheap rotgut...iff'n ya know what I mean.

When reading the wine list in a fine restruant I always ask if they have a bottle of "Chateau El Cheapo - vintage last Thursday"...and some crackers of course.

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2008, 04:45:00 PM »
True Jack, at least to some degree. You won't see a 63 Kodiak on E8bay go for much less than what I'm offering this one for. That's because 600-1500 hits will happen in a week, and there will be some level of competition for it.
Also, buying it on E8bay is a crap shoot to some degree. I won't warranty the bow, but it WILL be what I describe and what's clear in the pictures-no less. You can't always say that's the case on the big auction site. CKruse

PS: I will be showing you some pictures in a few days of one that I paid a fair price for- didn't screw anyone- but got a pretty good deal. CKruse

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2008, 02:33:00 PM »
"Also, buying it on E8ay is a crap shoot to some degree."

I agree.  I call it "buying a pig in a poke".  However, every once ion a while you get a good pig.  This dogleg that I got for $350.00 is a super fantastic pig.  You win some you loose some.  If I get more bad deals off  e8ay than good dals, I would quit buying there.  So far that is not the case.

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2008, 03:00:00 PM »
The bow was gone in less than 8 hrs. So, I guess it wasn't too bad of a deal! CKruse

Offline tobildteleez

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2008, 04:29:00 PM »
cameron, dump your mail box! I tried to PM you but cound'nt cause your box is full. David S.

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2008, 05:06:00 PM »
Will do! thanks, CKruse

Offline Pinelander

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2008, 09:17:00 PM »
That "burly" stuff is fugly, looks like it was left out in the rain or something.

And the design of these "dog" bows are fugly too.... simply a heartbreak waiting to happen.

:bigsmyl:    

Although, I'm not heartbroken yet.... especailly when I discovered this evening that the Kodiak I got from Cameron scales at 46 lbs, rather than the 43 marked. Hooray!!

Thanks again Cameron, I'm very happy with the bow.     :)  

.... from a hopeless sentimental, where 15 years was long enough going without one of these great bows. This is my 2nd Dogleg.

- Dave

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2008, 11:55:00 PM »
I hope she serves you well. I felt a little goofy for turning that one loose, but it looks like she's found a good home. Really smooth shooting Kodiak.  CKruse

Offline 450 marlin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2008, 06:08:00 PM »
Craigslist has 63 dogleg listed. Picture looks good, 60" -50#, RH for $265...Cincinnati area. He e-mailed his number if anyone would like it

Offline Migra Bill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2008, 11:13:00 PM »
Jimmy-
It's a 50 pounder..... something tells me it will like you.

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2008, 11:42:00 AM »
I was already on it, but good luck to all. CKruse

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2008, 01:13:00 PM »
I'd think twice about teiiling him you like the Bengals, since it was a '63 Dogleg that Papa Bear used to erradicate one.

Offline Falk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2008, 01:32:00 PM »
I finally did the FD curve of my Dogleg. It pretty much draws the poundage which is given on the bow. About 1# difference, but this is less then I would trust my scale. I actually thought it would scale more then this. Maybe even above 60 pounds - at least it shoots that way.

BTW, the graph is done with the nice little prog from TradGangster Chris Snyder   :thumbsup:

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2008, 01:50:00 PM »
Are you sure that SN is right.  I though the first digit on a 60" '63 was a "2".  I kniow the '64 Kodia is a 2C.

I gues it is kind of a dumb question since I am sure you read the serial number right off of the bow.

Another time I am probably wrong.

Offline Migra Bill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2008, 02:07:00 PM »
My 60" 1963 Doglegh starts with a "1"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©