INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Package from Bearbowman  (Read 938 times)

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
Package from Bearbowman
« on: July 14, 2008, 04:51:00 PM »
While I was out of town this weekend, the postman attempted delivery of an insured package and left a notice for pickup.  I knew I had not purchased another bow, but my wife remembered a gift for friends she had ordered and asked me to pick it up this morning.  

The postman brought out a well-wrapped package that was unusually long...or about the size of one piece recurve.  It was addressed to me and I noticed it came from West Virginia and was sent from Steve Smith, a name I could not immediately recall.  My brain was getting overworked as I drove home, trying to recall what the heck was in the package.

For several months, I've had a want ad in the classifieds looking for a nice 1964 Bear Kodiak, but the right one never came along.  What a shock when I opened the package and unwrapped a beautiful 45# Kodiak I had been seeking..  It was all original and in outstanding shape with the finest wood I could have hoped for.

Attached to the box was a letter from the sender, known on tradgang as "Bearbowman", stating what he wanted for the bow and if I wanted it, just send him a check (which I did that afternoon).

Just earlier today, I was reading on the other trad site about how people were getting ripped off by crooked dealers.  Fortunately, thieves like that are the exception and not the rule.  

It's people like Steve "Bearbowman" Smith, honest folks with a love for this sport and its fine tradition and heritage, that make trad archery and this site really great.  Thanks again, Steve!

Here's a couple pics of the bow:

Lon Scott

Offline alaskabowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Package from Bearbowman
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 04:57:00 PM »
I have bought several bows from Steve, met him once in Kalamazoo and spent many hours on the phone shooting the bull. Steve is a good seller and has an impressive collection of bows! It is nice to get a surprise in the mail huh?.... He still has a couple of bows that I wouldn't mind owning, if I could only win the lottery!
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 05:08:00 PM »
Very Cool! CKruse  :bigsmyl:
"The lack of machinery puts you closer to the act- an act that is ethical, good, right, and correct."- CKruse

Offline yellow bow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 06:58:00 PM »
what a great surprise! good luck with your new dance patner Lon. best wishes to both you and Steve.

joe

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 07:54:00 PM »
Steve visted me several tears ago when he was on a job in Atlanta,  I have to concur with all the comments here.

His only commitmet that is greater that that to traditional archery, is his commitment to his son, Ethan. That boy is his life,
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline johnnyrazorhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 01:53:00 AM »
I have to put in my two cents worth here too.The traditional community is second to none with guys like him around.I met Steve several years ago not too long after I started collecting old archery stuff and Steve has always been a straight-shooter.His word has been as good as gold.Steve,if you read this,I hope you're getting back on track after your illness.I've had you in my prayers.

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 10:49:00 AM »
John,

That '63 you sent me and this '64 from Steve may have to duel it out for top spot at the chronograph.  Both are 45# and it may be interesting to see which bow comes out on top.

Anyone want to send me a 52# of either model to keep these company?
Lon Scott

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2008, 05:18:00 PM »
BLACKHAWK

Sorry, all I have heavier than 45# are 2 50# '63's and a 55# '64"

no 52#ers in aither year.
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2008, 05:33:00 PM »
Jack, PM me if you want to part with that 55# '64.
Lon Scott

Offline wadde

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2008, 05:45:00 PM »
I have had quite a few dealings with Bearbowman myself over the years and I agree he is a quality individual and a great member of the traditional community. Best wishes Steve.

Offline Falk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2008, 10:02:00 AM »
Nice bow there! My last "pickup" is not to long ago but was at our customs - sure as hell   :(  
Steve did everything he could to help me out of my misery. Have done trades with him at least since 2002 - and for sure he is a good guy   :thumbsup:

Offline Horney Toad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2008, 11:55:00 PM »
Steve has a dandy 55# polar on the auction. Someone needs to snag that one.

Offline Horney Toad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2008, 11:59:00 PM »

It is right handed. If it were a lefty, I'd be bidding.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©