INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Bear Kodiak Hunter  (Read 851 times)

Offline Pat Kelly

• Trad Bowhunter
Bear Kodiak Hunter
« on: July 15, 2008, 03:33:00 PM »
I have inherited a Bear Kodiak Hunter. The bow is 58" AMO and 45# draw. It has been ignored for many years and I am cleaning it up, ordered a new string and am trying to find out about it. It has a brass coin inlaid into the riser. The serial# is 7T5127. If anyone knows how to age this bow it would be appreciated. I'll check back or can be e-mailed at [email protected] .
Pat Kelly

Offline Ken Sorg

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bear Kodiak Hunter
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 04:05:00 PM »
It is a 67.5 and it was the only year they made a 58" K-hunter, they are shooters. Rosewood riser and green glass...Very nice bow in my eyes.
(I have one also)

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 05:12:00 PM »
The '67-1/2 is the first year for the Kodiak Hunter.  Flinger1 called it a Rosewood riser, but if it is it is actually African Rosewood, whick is Bubunga.  The same wood as used in the earlier Kodiaks.

Of all the Kodiak Hunters, the 67-1/2 is my favorite, and the most sought after by collectors.

Great bow.
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 09:19:00 PM »
We like pictures Pat.    :D  

Trap
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 08:22:00 AM »
Guys, the 67.5 Kodiak Hunter had a Shedua riser, not Bubinga or Rosewood. It stayed that way during 68, and in 69 some were made in Goncalo Alves (Tigerwood). In 1970 it went to the divided riser with a stripe between Pau Ferro and Bubinga. Pretty sweet shooting bows. The 58" 67.5 is one of the few "shorter" bows that I get along with pretty well!  CKruse
"The lack of machinery puts you closer to the act- an act that is ethical, good, right, and correct."- CKruse

Offline Pat Kelly

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 10:14:00 AM »
Thanks for the input. Does it have any value? I am waiting for my new string so I can shoot it.

Pat
Pat Kelly

Offline Pat Kelly

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 12:55:00 PM »
Alright, I have pictures but can't figure out how to post them!
Pat Kelly

Offline Pat Kelly

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2008, 01:01:00 PM »
I posted pictures on Stickbow.
  http://***********.bowsite.com/tf/lw/thread2.cfm?forum=23&threadid=177314&messages=5&CATEGORY=3
Pat Kelly

Offline Pat Kelly

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2008, 12:33:00 PM »
I have decided to sell the bow. Here is a link to stickbow.

http://***********.bowsite.com/tf/lw/classdetail.CFM?id=22776
Pat Kelly

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©