INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: SOLD  (Read 1223 times)

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: SOLD
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2008, 10:11:00 AM »
Sorry to get you all worked up Doc! I have read it in several places as you know, and I won't quote the source till I can verify- but it seems I did hear it from one or two very respected sources.

I've wondered about the validity of that information from time to time as it would seem silly to use wood that was too green, However I also realize what production demands can do to quality control! Anyway, I know that's been a long-running story on what occurred. Do you have any insight as to why nearly all of them stress cracked so severely? With all due respect, CKruse
"The lack of machinery puts you closer to the act- an act that is ethical, good, right, and correct."- CKruse

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: SOLD
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2008, 10:59:00 AM »
you crack me up.....but yes production would play some roll...but also with all do respect to the guy's or gal's that did write that article and folks whom may have posted it...Bear Archery was sporting 2 warehouses full of inported hardwoods.Bill said why would we have ever choosen green wood when we could have choosen from tons of any other cured wood...well without giveing away all of my trade secerts...one reason about 99% of 99% of bears bows and I'am certim we've all seem bows with them little beggers ( stress cracks) in every manufactures bow ever sold.Includeing Pearsons Widows Wing Colts(colts built by Wing or Howatt)& Howatts built by Howatt,again evey manufacture had that problem a little here and there.But I would like to answer your question with one more question if thats OK ? If thats what they really are .. stress cracks are they really caused by stressing,ever wonder how or why there would be some cracks located in areas of the bow where there is thick wood and no stressing what so ever,like lets say the riser overlays.Sure that would make one think the riser wood expanded and cracked the glass.But that would only answer one years problem and surely Bear did not use green wood every year of production....so what if they are really not stress cracks at all...what if they are actually expansition cracks ??? keep me posted.......bowdoc

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©