INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Butterfield brutes broadhead question  (Read 969 times)

Offline wvtradbow

• Trad Bowhunter
Butterfield brutes broadhead question
« on: August 25, 2008, 09:15:00 AM »
Does anyone know when the butterfield brute broadheads were discontiued? I ran across a few and a couple looked as if they were slit for a bleeder blade the other ones weren't. They look like great heads,it's a shame no one makes them any more,the closest 2 blade in quality (to me) seems to be the Zephers.Has anyone thought of reproducing these heads? Thanks BILL
"I strive for mediocrity and sometimes achieve it." a close friend

Offline D.Sheppard

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Butterfield brutes broadhead question
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 09:31:00 AM »
Ray Butterfield had 7 different models that were made from about 1973 up to 1979 then came out with another model in the mid-80's. The screw in models came out in 1979 and 1986.

If they are the glue-on models I would be interested in some for my collection.
                        Thanx, Shep
"We're just a bunch of part time amateur hunters giving chase to full time professional animals."

Offline raghorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 12:11:00 PM »
Having shot both heads I would say the Brute is softer(I found this out after missing a WT and burying it in a tree)
Both are good heads. Bear Razorhead bleeders were used in the Brutes.
The Brute went downhill when PSE took them over and but never produced them. PSE then used the name on their replaceable blade models.
There was a screw-in model(in different colored ferulles) that were made in a very limited run making them somewhat rare. I believe these were done after Ray's death in 1984.

Offline wvtradbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 03:01:00 PM »
Thanx for the info guys,I didn't know that much about them other than there not made any more and seem like really good heads,I wish someone would start making them again and not cheapin them up.  Bill
"I strive for mediocrity and sometimes achieve it." a close friend

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©