INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: NOT YOUR EVERYDAY YORK  (Read 729 times)

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
NOT YOUR EVERYDAY YORK
« on: August 26, 2008, 07:57:00 AM »
When I think of a York recurve, I think of the Thunderbird, crest, cadet, cochise, etc...

THIS IS NOT EXACTLY WHAT COMES TO MIND

I went too cheap.  I placed a high bid of $125 and it held at $82...'til the last minute.  You know the drill...
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: NOT YOUR EVERYDAY YORK
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 09:52:00 AM »
No doubt, that's a beauty. I too have developed a weakness for some of these cool old target bows. CKruse
"The lack of machinery puts you closer to the act- an act that is ethical, good, right, and correct."- CKruse

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 01:01:00 PM »
Yeah, now that I lost the auction I am feeling that I should have stepped up to $200.00.  If I did not get it I would at least made someone pay to beat me.  The seller would have been pleased.

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline Rick P

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 03:10:00 AM »
I have a cadet that I got for chasing marmots and ground squirrels in high alpine as a warm up for sheep. It's not much to shoot or look at but our non archery freinds like to use it when they come over and it's fine for small game.
Just this Alaskan's opinion

Offline Rick P

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 12:42:00 PM »
Wow Tracy just told me how to look the bow up and that is nothing like my york. Really pretty bow, hate the sight on it but nice looking......bet it shoots better than my cadet too.

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 02:00:00 PM »
RICH

That sight is probably worth more than what the bow sold for.

That was the whole point of my post...Not your everyday "YORK"".

When you posted about your "Crest", I figured you had not looked on **** and seen the bow in question.

Can someone go to ****, down load the pictures and post them here.  Not all of them, just the omes that show the bow the best.  after about 30 days or so, it wil lgo away on **** and no one wil lbe able to see them.

I can't because I am a technodummy.  I have downloaded them, but I can't post PICS.

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 06:44:00 PM »
Here you go Jack...

CKruse
"The lack of machinery puts you closer to the act- an act that is ethical, good, right, and correct."- CKruse

Offline Rick P

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 03:24:00 AM »
Papalapin

Sure the sight is valuable but a least too me the bow would be lot more desirable without it.

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2008, 01:49:00 PM »
That's why Rich and Don make a living filling holes in risers.

DANG sorry I misswed that one,  Shoulda gone $200

ThanX..Cameraman

Offline Rick P

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2008, 03:36:00 AM »
Originally posted by PAPALAPIN:
That's why Rich and Don make a living filling holes in risers
Hold on you mean folks get paid to restore these bows! And I'm doing it out of love alone. (Yes guys I know you have to do any restoration out of love not money.)I'd keep trading bows just for the opportunity to restore them. I have a Howatt in the blocks now, should be strait and ready for refinishing in the am. Yes, yes, I messed it up under the directions of the paint manufacture. We are all aloud a bone headed maneuver once a decade or so. I too have no idea how to even start to post pics here but the restoration is going well.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©