INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: old target bow  (Read 784 times)

Offline bkupris

• Trad Bowhunter
old target bow
« on: August 26, 2008, 04:30:00 PM »
Help with an old target bow. All I know is late 60's and no later than 1972 I think. I only have the photo, not even sure what country it was made in. Does anybody recognise it?

Thanks

Brian Kupris

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: old target bow
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 05:02:00 PM »
BRIAN

The lower part of the riser seems that it could be an early '60's Damon Howatt, but I don't think it is.  Are there any markings on it such as info like AMO, draw weight, and length.  Are there any decals?  If so, can you post close up PICS?

From what I can see of the rest, it may be a white Hoyt pro rest, but that does not answer your question.
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline bkupris

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 11:33:00 PM »
papalapin

All I got is the photo I am afraid, no other info. I was thinking Damon Howatt also??
Brian Kupris

Offline bkupris

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 08:06:00 AM »
Don't know the length either but most likely 68" -70" cause the guy used it for Fita target archery years ago here in the UK. He posted the photo as an archery trivia question.
Brian Kupris

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 07:58:00 PM »
It doesn't look like my Palomar, but it could be an earlier model than mine as they progressed over the years.

Mine is also 70", so...maybe
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline bkupris

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 04:25:00 PM »
Finally got the answer to this one. Made by a guy called Graham Rae (a Scotsman) of Gemeni Archery Products, Solihull, England. It was called the Aquila and it dates to 1973/4...
Brian Kupris

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©