INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Jerry Pierce Choctaw Recurve  (Read 897 times)

Offline x-ray

• Trad Bowhunter
Jerry Pierce Choctaw Recurve
« on: September 01, 2008, 05:43:00 PM »
Hey everyone, I have a Jerry Pierce Choctaw recurve that I am about to sell... maybe
I am wondering what it is worth.
I have had this bow for 10 0r 12 years. I don't shoot recurves anymore. I have not shot this more than a couple times. I understand it is a collectors item. that is mostly why I didn't shoot it. I always thought I would shoot a deer with it and never dared take it to the woods.
 thanks for your help.

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Jerry Pierce Choctaw Recurve
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 06:43:00 PM »
They're collectors items because there are so few of them. It's worth whatever someone is willing to give or whatever two guys are willing to bid  :-) Hard to really say.
Was it made by Jerry or his Grandson?
How are you gonna sell it?
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline x-ray

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 06:52:00 PM »
This was made by Jerry himself. I bought it probably arround 10 years ago, he was still alive when I bought it but he passed shortly after that. I am trying to find the best forum to sell it.

Offline Hawkeye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 09:57:00 PM »
Jerry didn't sell bows, but was generous to donate them to archery organizations.  Where did you buy this one?

Daryl
Daryl Harding
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."  Jim Elliot

Traditional bowhunting is often a game of seconds... and inches!

Offline Shaun

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 11:15:00 PM »
I saw one sell at Compton this year in their auction to support the organization. It went real high. There were two men who really wanted it or wanted to donate to the non profit. I have seen a couple sold in the $1500 range, but I think the one at Compton went for 8k.

If you need the money I'd say an on line auction site. If you can get by and want to carry on Jerry's mojo of never selling a bow himself, I'd suggest the St Judes auction next year. Well, you did ask for "the best forum to sell it."

Offline Ted

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 07:29:00 AM »
I think the Jerry Pierce bow at the PBS banquet sold for around $2000.  BUT, it didn't have Pierce points - it it did, I bet it would have gone for a lot more.

I saw John Rook's Pierce bow that he has loaned to PBS at the ETAR booth last month . . . that thing is awesome.  Beautiful bow - I'm sure if yours is like that one; you should get a pretty penny - of course, as Shaun said, I'd love to see you sell it through St. Judes . . . that would be awesome!!!

Offline x-ray

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 09:55:00 PM »
sorry can't dontate it.
 this one has the pierce points, man they are awesome! I am thinking around 4-5k is probably in the ball park.

Hawkeye I bought this one at the kanas bowhunters association banquet.

my situation dicates that I need to sell some stuff. Not really the place to tell why just that it has to be done.

Offline x-ray

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 06:29:00 PM »
Anyone else have any ideas?

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2008, 04:32:00 PM »
Ebat certainly has the audience-list it with a 'reserve' just to be safe.

Offline charles suttles

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2008, 05:06:00 PM »
I am the dummy that bought the JP bow at Compton. It was special to me for 3 reasons, Jerry had given this one to Glenn St Charles,it was featured on the cover of TBM along with another Chotaw and mainly, I new that the money would be well used for the future preservation of trad. archery and I personally know that their youth program is 2nd to none, thanks to Nic Dedeker and the whole Compton family. I think Bjorn's **** idea would be away to test the market, if you need to sell. Jerry's son would be glad to talk to you about it, I'm sure!
  Good luck and don't do anything you'd regret!
    Charles Suttles

Offline Horney Toad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2008, 07:30:00 PM »
Got any pics?

Offline x-ray

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2008, 10:17:00 AM »
I will take pics of it and post them for all to see. I think your right just post it with a reserve and test the waters. I didn't but it to sell, just the circumstances now. I am sure the collector market is going to be small but we shall see. thanks for all the input.

Offline x-ray

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2008, 12:10:00 AM »
here is a link to see pics of the bow. I am going to sell it. I just need to figure if it should be **** or what.

http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q207/x-raypics/?action=view¤t=68d96428.pbw

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©