INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: AWRIGHT...WHO WAS IT...?  (Read 629 times)

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
AWRIGHT...WHO WAS IT...?
« on: September 08, 2008, 05:03:00 PM »
Awright, who was it looking for the nylon set screw for the Bear Premier bow sight.  I just received a 5" plastic bear premier bow sight plate.  All it has in it is a black nylon set screw, but It will work in the one for the Tamerlane.  It won't be exactly period correct because the originals were white.

I have it available if you need it.

If anyone needs a plastic sigt plate, I have it.  it is the 5" hunting model for the Super Kodiak.  It does not have the brush rest or the sight pins, but if needed, I have three sight pins and a brush rest that will work.

First come first served, I just want what I have in them
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: AWRIGHT...WHO WAS IT...?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 07:42:00 PM »
Oh well, I thought it was you, but I was not sure.  I was gonna swap you the nylon set screw for a pink and brown bowstring.

Not a problem because I am missing the set screw on my HC 300.

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline Novaln1975

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 11:46:00 AM »
Papalapin

I am interested. I recently bought a 1972 Super K (I don’t have it yet) and it has the premier sight installed. I generally shoot from the shelf with no sight and this one has the brush rest with sights. I have no idea in what condition the brush rest is going to be once I get the bow. I feel I should be safe and find one in good condition. If you have one, I’ll take it. I could also need a block-off plate if I don’t like shooting off the rest. Is this what you have?

Simon

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 04:47:00 PM »
SIMON

If all you need is the brush rest, this is what you need to do

Win these three rests and you will have two back ups.  It is just a matter of breaking the rest out of the leather adheasive backing, and it wil lfit you premier sight perfectly.  THis is the same thing that I have.  I replaced two on my Tamerlane and HC 300, leaving me one.  HTe extra one I have I will put into the premier sight in case anyone need s the whole thing.

Mine is not a blank plate.  It is actually a 5" sight, but it is plastic and not the quality that came on the originals.  I have no doubt that what you are getting on yours is better than what I have.  With shipping, it cost me $32.50.  This just for the sigh with no pins and no brush rest.  I wm going to rob the set screw for my Tamerlane.

About a month or more ago I got the three sight pins.  I jumped on it as a buy it now, just to have them if someone needed them.  I don't remember what they cost me, but I can go into my Paypal account to see if I can find out.

Offline Novaln1975

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 05:01:00 PM »
Thnks Papalapin

I figured I could use those... better yet I could rebuild the brushes for a few pennies too. I’ll wait to see what the rest looks like.

Simon

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 07:39:00 AM »
The ones I suggested will fit perfectly, and are period correct.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©