INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Keep your eyes open......  (Read 706 times)

Offline alaskabowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Keep your eyes open......
« on: September 09, 2008, 10:48:00 AM »
Lately I have seen some good bows on E8ay sell for reasonable prices, and some sell for way too much in my opinion (that wood C handle for example that went to Wisc.) There was a decent right handed 1960 45# Kodiak (item # 170258482164) that was not Listed even as a Kodiak and sold for about 1/2 of what it is worth....I'm sure the buyer will be re-listing it and trying to double his money.... mark my words. The point I am trying to make is that if you are diligent and careful you can find rare bows at good prices at auction. Do your homework of course, ask for extra pics if needed, question shipping costs and methods and always, always, have a clear understanding of the sellers return policy if the bow is not what you expected. I rarely will bid if the seller does not take PayPal... Recently I scored an extremely rare 68 inch maple Compass Kodiak (1954) on a Buy it Now option . These are hard to find at that longer length, harder yet in the earlier walnut version.... I am still looking for one of those. My handle on e8ay is Kodiakbowhunter seems to say it all for me.... good luck hunting for bows and any furry creatures that happen by when you have a bow in your hand... shoot straight.
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Keep your eyes open......
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 11:12:00 AM »
I certainly agree with Chuck. My only problem is the tendency to "live" on the computer. I'm trying to do lots less of this recently as I have too many other responsibilites with family and work. No doubt I miss out on some deals, but I've found it's easy for it to turn into an addiction. I'll be showing off a few off-E8ay finds soon. I'm getting to where I will sell on the auction site for best dollar, but try to avoid buying on there and spending half of my life watching for that "next good deal". Trying to keep my priorities straight!, CKruse
"The lack of machinery puts you closer to the act- an act that is ethical, good, right, and correct."- CKruse

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 07:15:00 AM »
No Joke, I had that one bookmarked, then got busy and forgot about it. Not that I would have necessarily beat out the "bowbroker", but he would have certainly had to pay a bit more for it!! CKruse
"The lack of machinery puts you closer to the act- an act that is ethical, good, right, and correct."- CKruse

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 02:15:00 PM »
Good to see you Chuck, and you are so right about the ups and downs.

Offline One eye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 08:32:00 PM »
ARRRGGGHHHH!  I got beat out on 160280159149 because I snoozed for this afternoon.  Oh well, back on the hunt.
Dan
“IMVHO, the cast is not in the wood it is cradled in the arms of the bowyer.” – George Tsoukalas

Offline Migra Bill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2008, 09:10:00 PM »
That's not bad for that bow One Eye.

Offline One eye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2008, 10:37:00 PM »
Originally posted by Migra Bill:
That's not bad for that bow One Eye.
I know.  I was willing to go higher, but I screwed up and thought I had entered a higher maximum bid.  Maybe I will do better on the next one ;-)
Dan
“IMVHO, the cast is not in the wood it is cradled in the arms of the bowyer.” – George Tsoukalas

Offline Migra Bill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2008, 10:46:00 PM »
I think I just stole one.

Offline K2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2008, 11:17:00 PM »
Bill,

Nice find.  Ken

Users currently browsing this topic: