INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Jack's Butt-Ugly Bow  (Read 774 times)

Offline NumPls

• Trad Bowhunter
Jack's Butt-Ugly Bow
« on: September 26, 2008, 11:25:00 AM »
Jack -

1. Congratulations for finally getting that bow for which you have yearned for so long.  For some reason, when you told me to keep my eye out for a Jaguar, I thought that you had said it was a Martin bow, not a Tri-State bow. I had been watching for the wrong bow!

2. Fortunately, I sometimes proof-read what I type. I think that I suffer from that mental ailment of reversing things (dyslexia??); anyway, the name on this thread was ALMOST, "Jack's Ugly Butt", but I caught myself. I do not recall who first put that phrase to that bow, but he almost caused me great embarrassment - I have no interest in guys' butts. The only butts in which I have any interest are target butts. Some things need to be made clear before they are misinterpreted.

3. I bet that bow would benefit greatly from spending some time with Rich Lopez. I will soon be sending Rich a couple of bows myself very soon.

4. Your new assignment is to let us know how the bow shoots!

My morning break is done, so I am heading back into the salt mine.

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Jack's Butt-Ugly Bow
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 04:48:00 PM »
Now in the first place... you know I ain't gonna be watching for no Martin Jaguar.  That is one of them high tech new fangled gadgets with all the wheels, cables, sights, and such.  2 complicated for me.

In the second place... "BUTT UGLY BOWS" need love too.

In the third place... the condition it is in just adds charater.

In the forth place...If I am gonna send Rich a bow to refinish, it will be one of my Hoyt PM's.

In the fifth place... Thank you guys for not pushing the price up on me, like one of you did in the past on a broken Jack Howard Gamemaster.

and in the sixth place...good to see you chiming in here Ray.  Ya noticed I put  you in sixth place.
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline Rick P

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 11:43:00 PM »
Just looked up the bow in question, Jack's bow must have some real condition issues!

I thought the Tri state Jaguar was quite handsome.
Just this Alaskan's opinion

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 03:54:00 PM »
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. and I am looking forward to be holding that JAGUAR

What I really want is a 68-69 model... one day

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline Rick P

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 12:18:00 AM »
Kinda eyeing the 1967 golden sovereigns for a birth year bow, for some reason the mace is really standing out for me.

BTW Found a Pearson Pinto on a auction site, I think it's beautiful, my wife says "it looks like a pimp's bow!"
Just this Alaskan's opinion

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2008, 01:00:00 PM »
Seller has still not shipped it.  Says becus of yhe wierd design he can fit it in s regular bow box...

WELL...GET AN IRREGULAR BOW BOX.

WHATAWEENIE

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2008, 05:04:00 PM »
Finally got my "BUTT UGLY BOW"

It took the seller two weeks to get around to shipping it, and a very poor communicator.

Very pleased with it...in better shape than I had expected and it came with about a 4 degree prisim sight.  Havent see one of those in years.

Really not bad for a "BUTT UGLY BOW?.

Offline Novaln1975

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2008, 06:05:00 PM »
There is a Tri-State Jaguar - right hand 60" 55#@28" - $85 - Good Condition on traditionalarcherysales.com

I have no idea what they look like but ... since I love my white 1985 SAAB 900, I bet I would love this bow if I saw it...   :D

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2008, 08:47:00 PM »
I can't affor to by from Traditional Archery Sales.  Lynn has a very high opinion of his bows.

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2008, 08:06:00 AM »
You got it.

However, this not a hobby for Lynn...it is his retirement income.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©