INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: I think I am slipping  (Read 1142 times)

Offline Earl E. Nov...mber

• Trad Bowhunter
I think I am slipping
« on: September 27, 2008, 07:37:00 AM »
I missed the BIN when I put this one on my watch list 120310130288   Sure thought I would have noticed it at that price... Grrrr.
Many have died for my freedom.
One has died for my soul.

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: I think I am slipping
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 07:51:00 AM »
Looks like a 1962. Wow,whoever won that stole it.

Too bad ya missed it.

Danny
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline Shaun

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 11:33:00 AM »
A buddy of mine once said, "Beautiful women are like great cars, you just can't have em all." Must be true of bows too.

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 11:38:00 AM »
No you didn't Ken, I'm sure it was added at the request of the buyer. I had marked it too, then noticed it had ended in a day. I've seen that occur before, and I guess if you can talk them into putting it on there, good for you! That is a 62 - my birth year. I've bought and sold a slew of em. I've kept my nicest 50# (one of only a few Magnums I own because they are too short for me!) CKruse
"The lack of machinery puts you closer to the act- an act that is ethical, good, right, and correct."- CKruse

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 03:45:00 PM »
I was watching the bow also Ken and there was no BIN price in the beginning.  The tactics of some people amaze me.

Trap
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Offline Migra Bill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2008, 07:19:00 PM »
I was watching a bow and lost it to the same bidder for the same reason. I am not saying this is wrong. It is a question for debate.

If you see an item on the bay for sale and you contact the seller and offer to buy it outright, the 2 of you reach a price, he adds a buy it now option to the auction - you buy it immediately. Is that fair?

Please discus ( I have mixed feelings)

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2008, 08:01:00 PM »
I think if there are no bids, this can and does happen and, Oh Well, maybe I should have thought to try it. What sucks is when there are bids, you get a message saying your bid has been cancelled for some cock and bull reason, and you know that someone got to them. You'll notice this happening from time to time on the hard to find items. CKruse
"The lack of machinery puts you closer to the act- an act that is ethical, good, right, and correct."- CKruse

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2008, 10:23:00 PM »
Well the way I see it, the seller had an option to put a Buy it now option on the item and chose to hold an auction instead.  I'm not going to bug someone and tell them some BS lie to get them to sell it early.  

I just think it's unethical.  Everytime I list something, the same clowns approach me and ask me the same questions and tell me they arent going to be aroound when the auction closes or some BS.  I tell them to sign up for esnipe and let them put their bid in for them.

I just think it's a sneaky underhanded thing to do.  When this happens, the BIN price is not usually a fair one.  In the case of the bow mentioned above BB321 bought the bow for half of what it's worth at best.  Only one person in that transaction had any idea what the potential worth of the bow was.

They are just bows and I wouldnt cheat anyone out of one.  If someone puts a rediculously low BIN price on an auction well shame on him. Snatch it up. When he puts it on a 7 day auction with no BIN he's looking for it to bring all it's worth.  

Scorn me for being critical of the action if you choose. I dont care. I sleep good at night.

Trap
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2008, 06:16:00 AM »
the bay rules say you can stop an auction early for any reason....but in most cases some guy's just email the seller and makes him an offer...say the listing starts at 100.00 they don't get a bid for 2 days.Someone emails them and offers 150.00 the seller takes it..that sucks but it's all legal...bowdoc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2008, 09:29:00 AM »
Thanks guys,, I am glad I am not the only one who feels that way..
Ken

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2008, 09:54:00 AM »
Been there, done, that.... on the buying end

Many sellers pick up bows at garage sales and have no idea of what they have.  I have contacted sellers made them what they think is an excelelnt offer, and they end the auction.

FAIR?...  All is fair in love and bow collecting.

Of course, after... I go to confession for lying, cheating, and stealing.
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline Migra Bill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2008, 11:36:00 AM »
I would have never thought about doing it until it was done to me. Lost out on a 64 Kodiak that way, and then took advantage of it when I snagged a 68 Black Beauty Kodiak Special that is supposed to get here on Tuesday.

I honestly don't think I would have ever done it had it not been done to me first.

Offline TonyW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2008, 12:18:00 PM »
If you bought the same bow for two dollars more than BIN, and cheated the seller out of half the value, is this ethical because it took a couple of days?

The next yard sale bow, to be ethical, should not be bought until you educate the seller on the value, right? My brother just bought me a Bear hip quiver with half a dozen razorheads in the accessory pouch for a buck at a yard sale, and I should feel sad, right?

Remember that these bows only have the value that nuts like us give them. According to this rule, I should never take less than $400 for a green futurewood Kodiak Hunter. (Somebody please explain why these are getting such wild prices!)

The real tragedy is that most of the old bows don't end up being polished and displayed on collectors walls - they are moldering away in landfills waiting to be discovered by archaeologists.

Offline raghorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2008, 02:35:00 PM »
Notice that the shipping was $40. A bit steep for postal.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2008, 03:37:00 PM »
Well Heck if those are the rules.. OK.
Obviously some of us haven't read them.
Now we know how to play.
Ron, Looks like he negotiated the shipping down some too.

Offline Horney Toad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2008, 11:04:00 PM »
One time several years ago there was a wood handle Bear takedown on there. They were going for $2000 back then. This guy had a $250 buy it now. I was ready to click buy and somebody bought it now quicker than I could.

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2008, 01:43:00 PM »
If you missed it the first time around, here's another crack at it.  The price went up....Just a Little Bit.

Serial number 31AH28 item number 120312863179

LOL, Trap

Offline Mike Shaw

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2008, 02:41:00 PM »
Must have grabbed it from the post man and stuck right on line!   :jumper:    :jumper:
TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2008, 03:10:00 PM »
You think he ever shot it??????

Trap

Offline TonyW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2008, 05:48:00 PM »
I just emailed this message to the original seller:

"Hi,
Is that your bow being resold for $349 on ****?
Do you have anything else to sell?
Tony"

I am hoping to trade him some magic beans for his Lexus.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©