INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Any Bear Polar fans?  (Read 632 times)

Offline Rick P

• Trad Bowhunter
Any Bear Polar fans?
« on: October 05, 2008, 01:29:00 AM »
Looking through E flay tonight and I came across330276627665 a bear polar. Kinda like the look of this bow why don't I hear/read more about them here?
Just this Alaskan's opinion

Offline Horney Toad

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Any Bear Polar fans?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 02:28:00 AM »
That is a good year. Bubinga and zebrawood. I had one once. They are nice. Probably why you don't read much here is that in general, target bows are not as popular as hunting bows among collectors.

Offline Rick P

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 03:03:00 AM »
Good point Horney Toad, thanks for the response!

BTW wouldn't a Pearson Colt be considered more of a target bow? Personally I love to hunt with mine, perfect for small game, ducks, sitka black tail deer and Caribou.
Just this Alaskan's opinion

Offline Horney Toad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 11:54:00 AM »
The BP Colt was more of a hunting bow at 62". I think the lighter weight models under 40# had white glass and could be considered target bows. Generally I think target bows are usually 66" or longer.

Offline jeff w

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 11:59:00 AM »
I always liked bows like the Polar and Tartar.   Even though they had white/cream colored glass, you could get them in draw weights heavy enough to hunt with.  They were sometimes advertised by Bear as the 1 bow that could do it all---shoot targets with it, and hunt with it. Slip some camo limb covers on them and you are set.   Having a longer draw I like the 66" length, and as stated, the woods and trim on these bows made them real lookers.  Fortunately the prices on these doesn't seemed to have risen as much as the pure hunting bows but I expect this may one day change.

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 08:39:00 AM »
I'm a fan of the 1955-60 Polars (I have a '55, '56, '57 and '59).  Love the brick red glass of those years and they're good shooters.  the '59-60 Polar is one of my favorite bows - not quite a full recurve, graceful lines and it handles like a good longbow.

The rosewood Ibeam on this one doesn't hurt either!

>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©