INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: For The Bear Bow Experts  (Read 795 times)

Offline shaft slinger

• Trad Bowhunter
For The Bear Bow Experts
« on: October 07, 2008, 05:22:00 PM »
I have a bear t/d, 2002 model it has 2 coins in the riser , and they are in perfect alinement and level (  the bear being level) and it looks to be factory.
    I know if it was a grayling bow it could be, because fred would do about anything a customer wanted, so i have been told , but a Fl. bow i don't know.  If it is after market, it was a very good job,      What do you think, Factory or After market??????????????   working on a picture

Offline shaft slinger

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: For The Bear Bow Experts
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 05:28:00 PM »

Offline shaft slinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 05:29:00 PM »
I know the sight bushings are Not factory

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 07:17:00 PM »
I'd say the Bear coin was added by someone else. The proper forstner bit makes it a fairly easy job.

Trap
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Offline alaskabowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 02:59:00 AM »
I'd say the lower coin and the sight bushings are aftermarket additions.
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.

Offline shaft slinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 11:39:00 AM »
I know the coin on the right is factory ' the one on the left is in question.    Harold  :archer:

Offline Grant Young

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 11:56:00 AM »
I agree w/ AKBH- it looks a bit like someone covered up an after mkt plunger button hole in the case of the lower medallion- the original TDs, I+II designs, had a flush mounted medallion closer to the throat of the grip. The later models had the raised chromed plastic medallion in the same location as the upper flush mounted one. Since I'm not nearly as familiar with the most recent versions I couldn't say for sure which came first in this case.       Grant

Offline shaft slinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 04:24:00 PM »
Grant, this is what i based my question on ::: the uper bow is a 98or 99 model i think and it has the lower lower coin, the one lowest to the grip, and it does not have the bear on it, it has a picture of fred

Offline Grant Young

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2008, 05:44:00 PM »
Hey Shaftslinger- good eye.Like I said, I don't know much about the new ones. Thanks for the info.                          Grant

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2008, 06:41:00 PM »
Now that makes me thing the upper coin was added, and the two quiver mount bushings.  The center bushing is probably for a double bolt mount bow quiver,  Is there a semilar bushing mounted low on the riser below the had grip
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline alaskabowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2008, 09:52:00 AM »
a person could've sent the riser back to Gainsville and had the factory install the bushings and the second coin. just a thought...
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2008, 11:13:00 AM »
Sad but true they are both correct.The bushings are factory and the riser could be ordered with or without them.They could be used with eather a Bear Archery quiver which used one upper and one lower bushings(you should also maybe have the lower below the grip???) or a quickie quiver which just used the two upper bushings only.You just placed your order at the pro shop however many bushings you wanted.I've seen both from the factory.As for the coin again sad but true that is a Bear Archery factory coin.For a very short time around 1998-2000 somehwere in there the company was actually named Fred Bear Bowhunting Equitment Company...That name sucked and was to long so they changed it back to Bear Archery.The lower or left view coin with Freds head is the correct coin for that year riser.However the upper or rightside view is the later type coin you can purchase at 3river archery for about 10 bucks.A good sharp 13/16 fosner bit and drill press can solve the upper coin mystery...I install as many coins as you like anywhere you like for a small fee sometimes pretty easy really.Sorry though I only have two Fred head coins left and I'am gonna hang onto them...bowdoc

Offline shaft slinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2008, 11:35:00 AM »
Thanks Guys, really was different, just wondering if someone put it in or not,really makes no differents to me I'am not a collector and it shoots great   thanks again

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©