INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: 64 Kodiak??  (Read 530 times)

Offline david janssen

• Trad Bowhunter
64 Kodiak??
« on: October 25, 2008, 07:31:00 PM »
I have a 64 Kodiak that is 42#.Is it ok to leave it strung during the hunting season? Or should I unstring it after daily shooting.
Thanks for the help.
David Janssen
David Janssen

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: 64 Kodiak??
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 08:08:00 PM »
Better to leave it strung.  It won't hurt it and everytime you string it you take a chance of twisting a limb.  My Jack Howard Jet has been strung for about 6 years now.

While strung, keep it out of direct sunlight or high heat.  That's the only thing that will hurt it.
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline david janssen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 08:54:00 PM »
Thanks for the advice.
David Janssen

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 09:12:00 PM »
Hi David oh yes it's much safer to leave them strung...My 1964 Kodiak 55#er get strung and remains strung from about the first of july thru the end of dec...all during preping for the upcoming season and during the season she stays strung....if I have to travel long distance to hunt and we are pressed for room in the rig.I do down string for traveling....Great bow,ya gotta love em huh ????? bowdoc

Offline wadde

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 10:11:00 PM »
I string my hunting bows prior to the season and they remain strung until the season is over.

Offline wadde

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2008, 11:20:00 PM »
Just don't stand it in the corner. Hang by the string either vertical or horizontal and you will be fine. Don't leave it in the truck overnight either.

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2008, 08:29:00 AM »
As Doc  Said "great bow"  

THUNK!!
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©