INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Way too high  (Read 614 times)

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Way too high
« on: October 25, 2008, 08:41:00 PM »
Check this onne out.  Over $200 with 14 hrs to go.

A Bear Takedown Field Bow?  Lokks semilar to a Minuteman or a 76er to me.

Can't fault the seller for this one...28 bids got it this high.
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Way too high
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 09:02:00 PM »
Oh yeah I saw that one,thats actually a minuteman I'am pretty certin.Or let me say I do not recall seeing any marked field bow and the limbs are for sure minuteman type wood cores.The seller may have come up with the field bow name maybe or it could be some type of later model,but it also shows around a 1975-79-ish raised bear coin again minuteman.It comes with a bag full of 18-24 arrows and accs.I would think those items are driving the price up a bit....someone should email the dude and ask if it does say field bow on the limbs....good eye Jack.........bowdoc

Offline Shleprock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 08:36:00 AM »
It's a Bearcat Take Down. I have an identical one. He knew not to take a picture of that part of the limb. The threaded holes on the side of the riser rule out the 76er. And the color of the riser rules out the Minuteman. Wish I could sell mine for that.
Kota5-----                                    "The arrow has always been a keen thought and the bow always an expresion of hope. By these means freed thoughts fly." Dean Torges

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 08:48:00 AM »
Well actually I just looked again,and I surly don't want to get into no pissen match on a bow...but I
'am pretty certin that bow does not have limb bolts and is a snap togeter model ie minuteman ie 76er style..The two holes in the limb butts are for alinement and not bolts.The color is correct for a minuteman and I beleave it's called silver-vane epoxy coteing..But everyone who's interested please check the pics again.....but check it out......bowdoc

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2008, 08:58:00 AM »
Crap I just went back again for the 5th time as the auction closes in less then 2 hrs and I surely don't want to bid and end up winning that darn thing.But it is for sure a minuteman sytle take down and I read the messages to the seller and he referres to the bow as a field bow and says he only uses compounds not this type field bow...so he actually thinks a recurve bow is called a field bow for some reasson....so my own interest was just killing me so I emailed the seller and asked if it says on the limbs field bow minuteman or bearcat take down....it may be to near the end of the auc and the seller may not respond.......but lets check it out......bowdoc

Offline bearmagtd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2008, 09:37:00 AM »
It is a Bear Bearcat Take down Hunter from around 1979 or 80. They made one marked Just bearcat take down with the longer risers. the serial number on the auction bow starts with BH for Bear Hunter. Most minutman are marked with seicals of MM .

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2008, 10:51:00 AM »
BMTD here she is.I had to spend 20 minutes digging into a dusty box.But I found it 1979 Bear Archery catalog...Bearcat T/D the super cheap model that does snap together.The color is that silver vein and no draw limit (yikes) but thats want the catalog says...pretty cool add......bowdoc

Offline Shleprock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2008, 11:51:00 AM »
I have one identical to it. It's sitting on my lap right now. Bearcat Takedown Florida. BH-10840 40#-60"  38#-66" No draw length. The Minuteman has the old Bear sights. The pin slide like the 76er. With 3 threaded holes. Stabalizer and 2 for a quiver. The one on the site has 5 threaded holes. Stabalizer, 2 for quiver, and 2 for sight. The sight window on the riser gave it away imediately. I have never seen a Minuteman or 76er with this color riser. That dosen't mean there wasn't one. The odd colors on them like gold and silver and even a blue custom long riser had what looked like a hammered finish. Not smooth.
Kota5-----                                    "The arrow has always been a keen thought and the bow always an expresion of hope. By these means freed thoughts fly." Dean Torges

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2008, 12:26:00 PM »
Still too high!!
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©