INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: This one will make you real sick...........  (Read 1359 times)

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
This one will make you real sick...........
« on: October 27, 2008, 09:48:00 AM »
to your tummy..........and we have beat this dog to death several times.So because I have a little extra time right now.I'am going to share this will any interested party's.This is a bow that was strung backwards.....just like the one's we see from time to time on pbay or where ever......Here's a pic of the riser...she's a real gem to....well she was a real gem until the stupid azz seller did what so many people whom just do'nt know...to not do it...I will get to that part asap.But here's a pic of the bow......bowdoc

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: This one will make you real sick...........
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 09:52:00 AM »
crap for what ever reason photobucket is not working today....and I'am pretty damn certin I just got some virus from the SOB's as it crashed my pc for like 10-20 second when I logged on Photo-b.....darn it..........bowdoc

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 10:47:00 AM »
GO give 'em hell, Don
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 11:11:00 AM »
Uh OH, Don...are you doing to your computer what that peckerwood did to a bow?
Lon Scott

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 12:07:00 PM »
Well I will have to tell the story I guess.The PB is still not working.Weird too cause I just had my pc fixed oh well stuff happens...OK the pic your not seeing is a 1959 Bear Kodiak maple sight window....Good griff this sucks...someone prior to my customer (not my personal bow)buying it from we will say seller A...Seller A has the string on backwards.He handed the bow to another dumb azz to look at.Well D.A. number one did not know which side the string actally belonged on..and I am not saying anyone here is a dumb azz because they would most likely not let happen want happend...OK seller A hands bow to D.A.number two..the seller is D.A. number one remember....D.A. number two now pulls the bow to full draw with the string on backwards....Both D.A.'s hear a crack...and are going wow what was that ? well you know and I know what the crack was.He bent the lower tip backwards and as soon as I get these pics working I will show you what happend.It broke the end of the bow at the string grove.We all know what happens when they break at the string grove.Sometimes they will kind of snap closed and you kind-a can't see the crack to well.So both D.A.'s decide at that point they better sell the bow.Now here's were some of the D.A. come into play.The seller D.A. number one don't mention anything about the cracking sound when D.A. number two drew the bow.....pics soon....bowdoc

Offline Warberg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 12:33:00 PM »
I know the bowdoc daddy can atleast fix, Maybe no for a shooter, Wall hanger??  What was the # dare I ask??  CWarberg

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2008, 10:34:00 PM »
here's the bow...bd

Offline Novaln1975

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2008, 10:48:00 PM »
Nice specimen. Where is the crack?

Offline Bowferd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2008, 11:37:00 PM »
bowdoc, where are the tips? You've got me in suspenseland.
Been There, Done That, Still Plowin.
Cane and Magnolia tend to make good arrow.
Hike naked in the backwoods.

Offline Horney Toad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2008, 12:01:00 AM »
Ruining a maple sight window? Should be jail time for that offense.

Offline Rick P

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2008, 12:05:00 AM »
Dude I'm going to barf. Literally had a visceral reaction to "pulled to full draw while strung backwards".
Just this Alaskan's opinion

Offline Jon Stewart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2008, 08:12:00 AM »
There are some REAL dandy's out there.  I answered a Craigs list ad in person to look at and buy a Martin X200 recurve.  Fortunately the owner lived a few miles from me.  He  brought the bow outside and handed it to me explaining that the bow was his brothers and he was just selling it for him.  I checked the bow out the normal way, looking it over and then down the limbs to see if they were straight and so on. I asked the guy to string it.  He put the bottom bow tip on the deck and started to push down on the top limb.  I grabbed the bow from him and asked him what he was doing.  He rightly said, He didn't know.  In short I bought the bow very cheap and it turned out to be a very nice shooting bow. I am sure this guy would have snapped a limb off if he continued.  He did say I was the first person he showed the bow to.

Offline marlon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2008, 08:31:00 AM »
Thats a shame. I see bows brace backwards on ****. Marlon
marlon torres

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2008, 09:47:00 AM »
Ok I think I got the pics working.So here we are the belly side view....but you have to remember.D.A.number one did not take a pic of the damage nore mention the cracking sound..bd

Offline Grant Young

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2008, 09:54:00 AM »
Tough fix, there BD- you can heal it, man.  Grant

Offline kenscollick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2008, 09:59:00 AM »
here is one of my favorites

The best part he looks so confident.

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2008, 10:00:00 AM »
Well now against my own better judgement,I'am going to apply just a tiny bit of presure flexing the limb backwards.As you will note in the upcoming pics.When flexed one way they go closed the other they open.Always remember it will open the direction it was broken.In other words I will load a pic asap of the bow being flexed the correct direction.I will also explain why the string does not fly off the bow and choke the snot out of D.A.number two,darn-it....Now I have to lite the heat in the shop....spray day....bowdoc

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2008, 10:04:00 AM »
whoooooooooooops I almost forgot this.And yes please note the pic my long time good friend Ken loaded....that dude in the pic is D.A.number three and again you can see where the bow string should fly off wrap around your neck and just kind of scare you out of archery forever.and again I'am not saying anyone is a D.A. in anyway...Thanks Ken....bowdoc

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2008, 10:05:00 AM »
That one ell make ya puke huh ??? bd

Offline TimZeigler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2008, 12:18:00 PM »
Nasty for sure.

Noticed in that picture in the background, a Bear Brown Bear compound.  I have one that I recently took apart.  I'm gonna try to give her new life with some recurve limbs.
USMC 1992-2000
PBS Associate Member

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©