INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Bear Grayling Magnesium B Riser  (Read 926 times)

Offline Bowferd

• Trad Bowhunter
Bear Grayling Magnesium B Riser
« on: October 27, 2008, 03:27:00 PM »
I don't have any knowledge of the value and have been offered 1 in trade. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Fred
Been There, Done That, Still Plowin.
Cane and Magnolia tend to make good arrow.
Hike naked in the backwoods.

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bear Grayling Magnesium B Riser
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 03:33:00 PM »
Hi Fred right now with the market a little soft.I would say the value would be somewhere between 100.00 and 200.00 pending really on condition more then anything and if all the parts are with the riser.....bowdoc

Offline raghorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 03:51:00 PM »
It would also depend if it is a early or later model riser. The later models were reinforced due to some breaking while being used with heavy limbs. Has it been refinished????

Offline Bowferd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 04:07:00 PM »
Thanks guys, I don't know if it's been refinished or what parts should come with it. I'm ignorant on these T/D models.
Is there a way to tell whether it has been redone or an early or later model?
Just recieved this info:
The Bear Riser is the Grayling B Magnesium Model Serial #B02194. This riser is in excellent condition. I also have a set of limbs for this bow - #3 limbs 55# for an A Riser - 52# for a B riser Serial # 3-4405.

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 06:57:00 PM »
Fred thats an early model from the serial number and it is NOT reinforced.I can see that from your pic.The strike plate is also missing in the pic.It looks more like there is no finish on it at all in the pic,but that may be the flash from the camera or it could also be a factory silver vein epoxy type finish maybe.But I beleave that color came along later (it just don't photograph to good).Hard to say on the color from the pic though...The reason the risers were reinforced was that the owners were dropping thier bows while the bow was strung or dry fires.That would cause the risers to crack the same as Black Widows and several other bow manufacturing company's magnisium risers from the 70's.Same problem.Widow reinforced thiers also after the second year.If the bow is strung and you drop it....bang......Keep us posted....bowdoc

Offline raghorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 09:44:00 PM »
I think it was about 1978 they did the siver/vein or the hammer finish.

Offline Horney Toad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2008, 09:48:00 PM »
That is a new one to me, that there are reinforced mag risers. How can I tell which one I have?

Offline Bowferd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2008, 09:54:00 PM »
bowdoc and raghorn, think I'm going to pass on this one. Too many variables for me, especially being ignorant on these T/D models. I had an offer for cash sale on my bow and better take that route. If you guys know anybody interested in the Magnesium riser let me know and I'll pass the info on.
Thank you both for all your input.
Fred

Offline shick

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2008, 03:51:00 AM »
Bowferd,  email sent about your limbs......Shick
TGMM Family of the Bow
DAV

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2008, 10:15:00 AM »
Hey Fred I was thinking since your not going to get the mag riser.You surely won't need those old bear limbs for anything..you should just send them limbs out to me and I will get rid of them for you.....just kidding of course.And I would like to note one other thing I kind of forgot about.If you are looking for just a plain old shooter type A mag.The one in the pics would be fine I'am sure (if priced right)as they can be shot without strike plate or arrow rest.Those can easly be replaced with some type stick on..And I would also like to mention those can be shot without the latch systems installed.The latch only kept the bow from flying apart if the string broke...But if you like I will keep an ear open for an A mag for you? bowdoc

Offline Bowferd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2008, 06:01:00 PM »
bowdoc and Shick, I wasn't real clear on my post.
The limbs are not mine but available. The fellow who wanted to trade me has them but they didn't come with the deal. His offer was to trade me the Mag riser for my Iron Mountain longbow and I said "pass".

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2008, 06:49:00 PM »
darn it and I thought I was gonna get them for Christmas..........just kidding again.

Offline shick

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2008, 03:30:00 AM »
Hang in there Doc, Santa Bear will take care of you.
TGMM Family of the Bow
DAV

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©